Want to get a new BSNL broadband connection, but knows NOTHING !

• Thread starter Thread starter rickenjus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 920
I have lots of queries, none of my friend ever had broadband connection neither me, so,Please help me with the following -
1. Do I have to take a landline connection first or I should just fill online broadband application form, and they will process all the requirements.. ? (note: I don't have a landline connection)
2. Should I purchase a router first or use one they supply. ? (note: I want to have a wifi router, I will be connecting atleast 2 android phones)
3 Any thing else I should know before getting connection ?
4 Do I have pay for keeping landline every month even if I don't call ..??

Also If I get rs 545 uld plan how much will I have to pay exact each month ?? And how much will I have to in first month of installation.??

thank you

Hi rickenjus welcome to BBF :)
Here are answers to your questions
1. Do I have to take a landline connection first or I should just fill online broadband application form, and they will process all the requirements.. ? (note: I don't have a landline connection)
You must have a lanline connection then only they will provide broadband connection. Even if you apply in online they will ask you to take landline connection first
2. Should I purchase a router first or use one they supply. ? (note: I want to have a wifi router, I will be connecting atleast 2 android phones)
Never use bsnl modems, they are useless. Get this one TP-LINK TD-W8151N 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
I am currently using that modem. wifi signals are very good
3 Any thing else I should know before getting connection ?
If you need more info just go to your nearest BSNL office and apply for a new landline connection. This way it will be fast than online
4 Do I have pay for keeping landline every month even if I don't call ..??
This is based on your broadband plan. for some BB plans the landline fee is nill. Take a look at below link
http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_home_only_unlim.html
Also If I get rs 545 uld plan how much will I have to pay exact each month ?? And how much will I have to in first month of installation.??
I think it is 500 deposit for landline and 1 month advance for chosen BB plan
Hope this info helps you. Let me know if you have anymore questions :)

Back