Watch out for? Shutting down a much used mobile number

ISP
BSNL
I have been using a postpaid Vodafone number for the past 5-6 years. During the years, it has been associated with so many services, I have lost count!

On the other hand, i also have another prepaid Airtel number in use for >10 years. Now this number is associated with even more services (plus, i like the number a lot!). I have moved out of the country for about 6 months.

Therefore, i have decided to shut down the Vodafone number because:
1) Generating a bill every month which is a random cost
2) Consolidation of services. Now with MNP, i will just migrate the Airtel number wherever i go!

Anyhow, the problem is how do i consolidate the various services spread across the two numbers before i can safely close the Vodafone number. All the essential services i could think of were the following:

1 - Bank services (OTP and statements)
Credit/Debit cards
Net banking
2 - Utility services (OTP and Bills )
Electricity
Water
Gas
3 - Digital wallets (OTP)
Paytm
Citrus (ZoomCar - i hate you!)
Mobikwik
4 - Email accounts (OTP for 2 factor authentication)
5 - Social media accounts (General contact details update)

Anything I am missing out on?

don't shut down the no. make it prepaid ?

I want to shutdown the number.

1) pathetic service by Vodafone in the past
2) consolidation of services
3) I am reasonably connected through social media, so if anybody does want to get to me, they can.

Aadhar Card, Income Tax Return, PAN Card, DTH, vendors.

however I would certainly port it to Airtel for pre-paid and then either spend Rs.400 a year to keep it living
or let it get disconnected in 6 months if I don't recharge for Rs.200 in 6 months period.

Port to idea prepaid. What I have gathered from friends Idea doesn't charges for international roaming rental in prepaid, though their website says otherwise so better confirm it before.

Also to keep the no active put a good amount in your Paytm/freecharge wallet.
Recharge Rs.10 every month. I have found it to be enough to keep the no active.

I had one Reliance CDMA number, its from U.P (East), its not my primary number but is a old number so I never
gave up on it, Now as Reliance is moveing to 4G, dumping CDMA network, i requested porting code and walked to nearest IDEA Store, those buggers straight forward denied me to port to Pre-paid, I already have too many postpaids to I can't go for a postpaid again.
And too many Airtel and Voda already with me so no luck there either.

Have buzzed customer care, lets see what happens.

@ghpk

Get the MNP done from a dealer/distributor instead of the Idea store.

@amish

Because their '4G' exists on paper only. All those who have 'upgraded' have been switched to their GSM network.

@kinshu321

Port to any circle using whatever address proof you have via NMNP.

Back