Websites not loading on Reliance Jio Fiber

Hmm Dodgy DNS is v much possible. Proved they are not competent as they project themselves to be. More like MTNL now😋
TBH I am finding MTNL to be more competent these days as they have shed excessive fat (of employees)

^ They got new money. Plus they need to show something now else MTNL's going off.

Every now and then I find that I can't access my servers or even popular websites like Amazon.in, Amazon.com, Quora.com
The problem disappears on its own after a few hours only to come back again at a random time.

While Jio has permanently blocked many websites, I am talking about websites/IPs that sometimes work and sometimes don't.
Many apps are also facing issues. But it is difficult to tell the problem as app does't give enough information about nature of error.

Yesterday even Twitter app was not working. HDFC app and a grocery app I use were all giving errors but started working when I switched to cellular data via Vodafone or Airtel. However Browser and YouTube apps worked.

Have you been facing such problems with Jio Fiber?

Jio will continue with its antics until people put up with it.

It is easy for me to preach having options for multiple provider but so far based on experiences I have heard of People with JIO-F, it is not value for money if you are using anything beyond JIO ecosystem and usual eye-ball websites(YT/IG/FB/TTk..) (and cheapest of it plans..just cheap tv cable alt.)

Some may suggest VPN but question how many services do you need to stack on($$) to get a reliable internet and JIO might block some VPNs too.

Try to look for alternatives is the only advice I give to JIO user(people do not want to hear it, but it only useful advice)

@spacer When you say blocked, do you see a blocked page or something else ? Additionally, if possible from a computer, could you run a few diagnostics which can help everyone in the forum in understanding what's going on ?

If you're using Windows OS,

nslookup amazon.com

Similarly for other affected websites.

tracert amazon.com

If you're using Linux/Mac OSX/Unix,

dig amazon.com

traceroute amazon.com

If you can share the results of the above commands, that will been useful information to know in order to understand.

@Realme :p Going by your first comment in this thread, it's now apparent to me that you have had sort of nasty technical relationship with Jio. The issues which you are pointing at, have been reported on the Internet. For example - Reliance Jio is using SNI inspection to block websites

However, IMO, from my perspective, it's important to understand technically what is happening in each case as there could be a congestion/routing issue etc at the time due to COVID-19. It's always well worth the time and effort to understand, document the issue so that other users can benefit based on the data/facts available rather than just an opinion.

In case if it's an issue of on-path tampering, a suggestion to the OP( @spacer ) or anyone facing a similar issue is to perhaps check Open Observatory of Network Interference

Open Observatory of Network Interference
A free software, global observation network for detecting censorship, surveillance and traffic manipulation on the internet

How OONI Works
OONI scans TCP, DNS, HTTP and TLS connections for tampering. Some tests work by requesting data over an unencrypted connection and comparing against a known good value. Others check for DNS spoofing, keyword filtering, transparent proxying and website block lists.

Back