Weird Connectivity issue with Airtel/Nokia Modem G-2425

• Thread starter Thread starter Nefarious
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,996
This is not what I was commenting. You have to put Nokia in bridge mode (if you cant do it yourself take airtel's help) and while it is still connected to airtel line as is, connect your own router to it and let your router do the pppoe dialup. This is how bridge mode works.
Then observe the behavior. However if you have no other ethernet modem with you like those D-Link, TP-Link routers that directly plug into ethernet wan port, this is out of scope at the moment.

I don't have other router. Not sure whether using bridge mode is feasible for me since I have 7+ device running on Wifi and it will limit my internet on Desktop only.

I complained on 121. Then was also connected with local backend team. He came to my place and gave me a new Nokia router. The problem frequency did reduce a bit but it still happened every 2-3 days once at atleast.

The technician also showed me his app where the router details for my connection was showing as green or red.

I also told him that when the issue happens I ll call him before restarting the router. Still he was not able to find any problem in the connection.
Same here, frequency is reduced after chaning modem but sometimes it happens.

AFAIK this issue arised from past one month or so, I have been using Airtel FTTH since May 2021 and I never faced any issue before that.
Service here is quite good and I am satisfied with my experience however this weird problem is irritating, and no proper solution is available on internet.

Three things:
  1. The power adapter should be 12w. The lower one which comes with the new Nokia ONTs creates such a problem.
  2. This issue also occurs when you have low voltage in your home or frequent fluctuations- between the main line and to the inverter.
  3. The Fiber line could also be an issue. There could be some bend somewhere.
1. Using Default Power Adapter that came out of the box.
2. I am on UPS, my modem doesn't restart unless I do it. The problem is not with disconnection or power related.
3. Umm, I checked and its fine. If there was issue with line, I should not be getting proper link and may face outage but its not there.

The problem lies at Airtel's end, since if the link goes down for some minute, ONT is not able to establish the connection.

It happens with me too. The internet led keeps on blinking and restarting seem to fix the problem. It happens once about every week and it is frustrating. I log in to the web ui when it happened once and it seems like the router is not able to authenticate with airtel. Yes, there was a line that said authentication failed. I don't think it is a issue from airtel I think the Nokia routers are faulty or can not handle like 7 day uptime in my case. What is your thought about this. I use apc ups which is powering my home network and it is pretty sweet.

This problem started a couple of months back for me. Previously the Nokia router has been continously on for over 15 days as far as I remember. Now its happening every 2-3 days..

it is possible that the fw was updated by airtel and the updated fw is buggy. check with airtel if they can downgrade the fw

Back