weird problem in DSL 502T on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter hatcap_2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,594
@ krishI tried ur suggestion of " enable redial". but when the line drops even the bridge dialler canot identify the disconection...it neither reconnects and neither after line dropping the net works. I have to manually disconnect the bridge by hitting the " disconnect " button and then again reconnect. But if u give the DHCP server as default , i.e whatever the router takes after reset..., all work excellent only untill the line drops.IS there any third party diallr available???

hmmm.... strange. Pm me

@socrates. What are you pointing on? I saw your 209 and 192 thread. Nothing seem to be linking

Everything is going fine for me ever since I shifted to bridge mode using krish's step-by-step guide. Thank you so much krish.@ hatcap,If your lan icon shows limited connectivity, then most probably you have not assigned an ip address manually to the lan card. Do it since you have disabled the DHCP server and the limited connectivity icon will go away.

@socrates. What are you pointing on? I saw your 209 and 192 thread. Nothing seem to be linking

Post #192 Latest update MTNL came to my house yesterday & installed their UT300R2U modem but still the problems of frequent disconnections occcur but if it does work then all sites open albeit slowly. And there is a massive packet loss when you ping the DNS servers, (using OpenDNS makes no difference to this problem). Another guy came today and did not even know how to use a mouse, spent an hour fiddling & farting and went away with a promise that they will change the port.

Post #209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit Dayal View Post
I got a new Triband connection for my sister's laptop today. I raised some questions about the "April Problems" with the guy who came to install the new connection. He admitted that there were some problems with the D-Link DSL 502T router and that his department had asked him to change the 502T router wherever he saw one. He has promised to change mine as soon as he could.
Don't pin your hopes that it will work, see my post #192 in this thread. Like me others too had their modem changed but it was of no use.

What I mean to imply is that the 'April Problem' may not go away by shifting to bridge mode for some, or changing to another make of modem. :)

@ krish
I tried ur suggestion of " enable redial". but when the line drops even the bridge dialler canot identify the disconection...it neither reconnects and neither after line dropping the net works. I have to manually disconnect the bridge by hitting the " disconnect " button and then again reconnect.
But if u give the DHCP server as default , i.e whatever the router takes after reset..., all work excellent only untill the line drops.IS there any third party diallr available???

Yup such same issue is being faced by me now

@ krishTry using ReConnect 1.5 or CiDial 2.3. They have the ability to reconnect you to the net once your line drops.

@ krish i got my april problems solved......try to ur modem to local exchange for exchange then they will see ur port and might correct it there or will tell u... something....that .." do teenn din mein prob solve ho jayega...:O

So you don't have an issue right now. Do a speed check through speedtest.net and post the image here.

Back