What 3G Modem Are You Using? Give Your Reviews !!

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 8,469

vmsanandh

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Lets discuss about the 3G modems that we are currently using. Will be helpful for those plan to buy new modems.

I got Huawei E156 3.6 Mbps USB 3G Modem from BSNL for Rs.4343/- & now unlocked it and upgraded Mobile Partner to version 16.001.06.01.500

PROS :
1. Easy usage
2. Voice calls available in new Mobile Partner software
3. USSD available (Balance check)
4. SMS & MMS
5. Call Log
6. Connection History
7. Micro SD slot
8. External Antenna slot
9. Getting max download speed upto 400 kB/s approx and upload upto 40 kB/s approx with good signal.

CONS :
1. SIM card is kept in separate metal holder and if in case, if the metal holder is broken or lost, then we cannot use the modem.
2. Coverage is just ok. (My Nokia 5800 gets good 3G signal at the same place where E156 didnt get any 3G signal)

Pls share such infos of your 3G modems too.

thats a big price for a 3.6 hsdpa. e 156 is replaced by e1550 now. as far as i have seen, umg 181 and e 1750 1752 are the best modems at date. i recommend to anyone who wants to buy. however, i am using e 1550 which does a fair job, i was also told that the above models have a better signal reception.

I've been using E1752 since a week and very satisfied. I also have iPhone 3GS but the signal and speed I get with E1752 is much better. E1752 supports upto 7.2 Mbps download and got it for around 2350 bucks

LW272, One of the worst modem I've seen :P it got faulty after two days of use :P

LW272, One of the worst modem I've seen :P it got faulty after two days of use :P
i am using lw272 for the last two months.No overheating or disconnection probs for me till now.Also get decent speeds despite low signal strength.

I got my Huawei K3565 with vodafone postpaid last year (it was 2599, i think), but recently dropped the postpaid plan as i was not using it due to speed issues and found i can run 2 different plans in lesser cost than voda's plan alone.and as modem cost was paid initially and is unlocked, I now use Airtel/BSNL 3G on it.I get around 3mbps on bsnl 3G, however its hard for BSNL to keep that speed constant, at times when my bsnl broadband is down, 3G speed also comes down to 100kbps.Vodafone is now i think offering that 3G stick for under 2k, but its with postpaid plan of Rs.550/mo.

i am using lw272 for the last two months.No overheating or disconnection probs for me till now.Also get decent speeds despite low signal strength.
Its like chinese item, "agar chale to chand tak nahi to shaam tak." LOL

I got my new Huawei E1750 3G USB 7.2 Mbps modem from Ebay and i have posted my latest speedtest.net result as my signature below. Pls chk it.

Back