What happens if you don't pay the Jio Fiber bill

ISP
Bsnl
Guys, i need some help. My last employer used to reimburse me for my Home Jio Fiber connection. Now I have a bill of 1800 bucks pending on Jio fiber connection, which I don't want to pay plus they aren't even allowing me to change to the base 399 plan instead showing some other 699 plan(30 Mbps with streaming stuff). So right now I want to get an Airtel fiber connection instead.
I just to know whether Jio fiber billing system is like bsnl, I mean will it keep on billing me every month and will the bills keep on stacking? or Will they ever send the bill collection team to my house?
I would appreciate any honest answer. Thanks

Last edited:
If you don't want to pay, why don't you just request to terminate the service (before the due becomes much larger)?

If you can pay after a few months (after finding a new job), just tell your situation when someone contacts you to pay the due. Being honest helps. No one will knock your doors without reaching out via other means for an amicable solution. There will be a knock, if someone tries to hide, though.

Regarding the base plan, if you have their set top box kind of device, then you cannot opt for internet only plans. You need to return their STB/Media device and only then you can switch to the internet only plans

Just call their customer care, it seems to be a straight forward process. There is a FAQ on their site which describes this problem.

I tried to switch from an OTT plan to a non-OTT plan (₹399), but they don't offer that option. The customer care representative advised me to disconnect the current connection and get a new one with the non-OTT plan.

It’s better to call customer care and disconnect the connection.

Back