What happens to existing data vouchers after migration to new Reliance Jio Fiber Plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1,835

Dave

I got banned!
ISP
Jio
For users who are upgraded, what happens to all of our extra data vouchers ? Since the new plans have a 3300 GB/month limit, do the vouchers become completely useless, or will they still be applicable on top of the limit (seems unlikely TBH)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Question!
I think it will be smart marketing from Jio to leave it the way it is.. With the new plans having 3300 GB/month data limit, these vouchers will
hardly be used by most of us. So Jio does not get any benefit by canceling these vouchers.
Jio always keeps harping about taking care of their loyal customers. If that was the case, I would expect Jio to give a one time benefit of transferring 100 percent or 50 percent of the total data of these vouchers to the respective accounts (to be used during the lifetime of the account).
The balance so transferred can be used by the customer anytime during the lifetime of the account.

Upvote 0
That idea of one time benefit of transferring 100 percent voucher data sounds quite good. Much better than cancelling them all obviously. Honestly doubt they'll do something intelligent and customer-friendly like this however...

Upvote 0
Hi, I took 6M Bronze plan in March and it would expire on 19th Sep 2020. I didn't opt for double data and I still have 1 month addOn voucher (30days). May I know when should I take that voucher as it is showing that "the validity of the plan will start today"

Also, recently I got a message saying it is upgraded for 100Mbps unlimited and will be activated from 5th Sep.

So will I lose this 1 month AddOn now? Or can I add 1 month AddOn before the activation so that my plan will expire on 5th Oct?

Upvote 0
There were 2 type of vouchers:

1) Data Vouchers - which I guess are useless unless one breaches 3.3 TB limi and then use for 100/200/300 GB etc. Don't think Jio will cancel them @Dave
2) Multi-purpose vouchers - which are still useless to extend the plan validity or get the free device

@Naga Vikas I have same, 6 months Bronze, recharged in Feb/Mar and now have used for extending validity by 1 month. Pls use it NOW and don't delay

Upvote 0
@Naga Vikas You can redeem the voucher anytime before your plan expires on 19th September. After you redeem it, the 1 month plan will be in queue. Do not activate it. It will automatically get activated on 19th September once your 6 month plan expires.

Upvote 0
NOTE: As per their policy in terms and conditions, it is clearly mentioned "Unutilized free benefits will be forfeited at the end of validity."
Better redeem just before your plan expiry, else it will all be vanished. There isn't any automated process in this, it's you and only you have to redeem it from your end.

Upvote 0
There were 2 type of vouchers:

1) Data Vouchers - which I guess are useless unless one breaches 3.3 TB limi and then use for 100/200/300 GB etc. Don't think Jio will cancel them @Dave
2) Multi-purpose vouchers - which are still useless to extend the plan validity or get the free device

@Naga Vikas I have same, 6 months Bronze, recharged in Feb/Mar and now have used for extending validity by 1 month. Pls use it NOW and don't delay
Thanks @mgforce
My actual plan gets expired on 19th Sep. If I use 1 month AddOn now, will it be valid till 19th October or 30days from today (i.e 3rd/4th Oct) ?

How did this actually happen with you?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-09-03 at 22.39.06.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2020-09-03 at 22.39.06.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0

Back