what if i have to connect through wifi..?

ISP
DATA ONE
Hi frenz..
i saw information about .. Netgear's 54 Mbps Wireless Router - WGR614

. There in system requirements.. is written dat we need broadband connection with modem..!

- I need to know dat.. if i want to use this or any wifi modem, den do i need to connect it through reguler modem given by bsnl ppl..?

means is it like ->
- bsnl Rj-11 cable -> Bsnl type 1 modem -> ethernet cable to any wifi router -> ethernet cable to pc or connection through wifi..??

or else i can directly remove bsnl modem & connect bsnl Rj-11 cable to wifi router..?

plz do check -

eBay India: Netgear's 54 Mbps Wireless Router - WGR614 (VAT 4%) (item 380010087041 end time 31-Mar-2008 11:13:10 IST)

hey, there are 2 types of wifi routers.. one a normal wifi router and the other ADSL wifi router.. the Netgear wgr614 is a normal wifi router so you need to connect it with your modem and the diagram you have mentioned regarding the connection is perfectly correct.If you want to eliminate the bsnl modem then you need to go for a ADSL wifi router.. this is a bit more expensive .. but it does all the work.. so you can connect the Rj 11 cable directly to adsl wifi routeri guess your main aim is to get wifi and since you already have bsnl modem .. better go for a normal wifi router.. and netgear is a good product.. although i suggest going for a 108mbps wifi router.. 54mbps is kinda outdated

Back