• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,505

VivR

searcher
ISP
Airtel, MTNL and Reliance
In Tata Sky Plus User Manual, RF In and RF Out are defined as:

RF In: To connect RF cable from your cable / terrestrial signal.

RF Out: To connect an RF to your TV's RF input or TVlink extension module (enabling of TVlink option would be required)
While understand and use RF Out, what RF In for i do not understand. Is anybody using it or have an idea what it is for?

VivR

you said it...

RF In: To connect RF cable from your cable / terrestrial signal.​

you said it...

RF In: To connect RF cable from your cable / terrestrial signal.

Yea, i understood that, but then since Tata Sky is itself a TV broadcasting entity, why would it allow any other Company's Cable / signal to pass via its own machine?

Also, the RF-in provision cannot be used for TATA Sky cable/signal itself because for that it has one (two in case of Tata Sky Plus) separate and different provision(s) in the machine exclusively for TATA Sky cable/signal.

So i was just wondering if anyone has actually used or understood the RF-in function of Tata Sky or is it just locked (and therefore useless until Tata Sky decides to open it) ) like USB, Ethernet, and Modem provisions in the machine?

Best regards

Yea, i understood that, but then since Tata Sky is itself a TV broadcasting entity, why would it allow any other Company's Cable / signal to pass via its own machine?
It is more sort of mandatory for STB manufacturers to provide RF IN, so TATASKY also has to provide it.

Also, the RF-in provision cannot be used for TATA Sky cable/signal itself because for that it has one (two in case of Tata Sky Plus) separate and different provision(s) in the machine exclusively for TATA Sky cable/signal.

RF IN can be used to bypass Terrestial/Analog cable signals through STB to TV, besides it can also be used to bypass RF signals from VCR players/other STBs to TV (though I doubt if anybody use such old devices with RF out these days).

So i was just wondering if anyone has actually used or understood the RF-in function of Tata Sky or is it just locked (and therefore useless until Tata Sky decides to open it) ) like USB, Ethernet, and Modem provisions in the machine?

Best regards
I haven't used it for TATASKY STB, but have used this feature of RF IN/OUT in many other STBs and it works fine. So its not useless, though after some days I think STB provider would stop providing RF In/Out.

Back