What is theICP/IP Settings For Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter Ankur85
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,860

Ankur85

ISP
Airtel
Hi, I having been using airtel broadband for 1.5 years and never had this problem.For approx 3 weeks now i frequently get "Server Not Found" error msg in FF randomly for different websites..I tried Opera and IE8 but i am having same problem with them too....i about 2 months back re-installed winxp and since i didn't have the tcp/ip configuration.......i set it on default which is "obtain ip address automatically"Now,in my view i think i am experiencing this problem due to non-configuration of tcp/ip properties...

1. Start>Run>services.msc , stop the 'DNS Client' service and set it to 'Disabled'.2. Open TCP/IP Properties, tick 'Use the Following DNS...', Preferred: 8.8.8.8, Alternate: 8.8.4.4See if things improve.

Start RUN type cmd OK
New window
type ipconfig /all
copy paste data here.

2.Start Network /LAN
Properties
Network settings page
TCP/Ip
properties

enter in DNS above data
Apply Save.

3. check speed at
Airtel
give report.

AIRTEL DNS at Delhi

5. Open DNS

6. Start RUN type cmd Ok
New window
type ipconfig /flushdns
type ipconfig /renew

Feedback.

I am facing the exact same problem since past few weeks. Must be Airtel DNS problem.BTW, I didnt know '202.56.215.214' is a valid DNS. I thought that other Airtel Delhi DNS is -'202.56.215.55'Is it not?

sorry a bit late....@waterloo will try your suggestion and post back by experience...well i have changed the dns address as per waterloo's advice and disabled "dns client" service......and also @essbee,speed's is ok.......lemme observe how it goes tomorrow......

Hi
I am having the same problem but the above mentioned procedures are not working for my Airtel broaddband connection.I tried changing the DNS but unfortunately it didn't worked.

The different sites such as gmail,yahoomail,facebook etc.. which are getting blocked open up one time when I restart the modem but soon they show the error

Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

and nothing can be done further with these sites and i am left again with one option i.e. "Restart the modem".

Back