What is this co axial digital cable?How much does it cost and where on net can i order one?

I am also looking to purchase a Coax Spdif cable.. Can someone point me to a reliable online source..

Are baba its the same cable you used connecting dish antenna to stb. Visit any electronic store and ask give me dish cable.

Are baba its the same cable you used connecting dish antenna to stb. Visit any electronic store and ask give me dish cable.

who give u this info ? :biggrin:

@thread starter/raibatak:Please specify the purpose. btw the spdif cable is usually optical to get best quality using TOSLINK connectors.@iCon: The coaxial cable comes for various purposes and is different in each case. simply put any cable where there is a cable encased in the center by another is a coaxial cable. And yes you are right the wire which runs from the dish to your stb is coaxial. for that matter the legacy analog cable connection wire is also coaxial. remember the roundel connectors (those were because the cable was coaxial). Hope this explains.

SVK Thanks

The reason I am looking for a Co-ax cable is to connect the Videocon D2H STB to my Onkyo 3500. The Onkyo has both optical and coax inputs. However, the STB seems to have only a Co-ax output. Correct me if I am wrong.

So what's the best place to get one that suits my need.

If Coaxial cable is needed for S/PDIF connector, then you can use RCA type cable or Optical cable.
Check-
RCA connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
S/PDIF - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not sure where are you planning to connect it, but for testing purpose I have used both cable I mentioned above for connecting STB to Audio system, and it worked for receiving 5.1 Surround sound on both type of cables.

SVK Thanks

The reason I am looking for a Co-ax cable is to connect the Videocon D2H STB to my Onkyo 3500. The Onkyo has both optical and coax inputs. However, the STB seems to have only a Co-ax output. Correct me if I am wrong.

So what's the best place to get one that suits my need.
If you dont have optical, try RCA cable which I mentioned. It can be available at any Electrical shops for cheaper rates.
Or you can try mentioned above post, but costs Rs 570.

Buy this one -

Digital Coaxial Audio Cable - S/PDIF Dolby Digital 5 mt | eBay

Back