• Thread starter Thread starter Arjun1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,039

Arjun1

Good Day 2 U
ISP
Bsnl
What’s On India Channel Few Days ago Temporary FTA but now this Channel Gone 2 Scrambled Mode :wall:

Oh its a channel! And I thought it was provided by my cable operator :D

Oh its a channel! And I thought it was provided by my cable operator :D

Hi Amish

Yes. WHATS-ON-INDIA is a brand new TV channel dedicated to guiding consumers on what to watch on Television. We are broadcasting on INSAT 2E and are switching on our signals on major cable and DTH platforms. You can read more on our plans and operations at Indian TV Guide | Program Schedules | Movie Listings | Top Indian Channels | Sports Timings

On which cable operator are you seeing WHAT'S ON INDIA?

Regards,
Team @ WHATS-ON-INDIA

Isnt this technically meaningless on DTH services since EPG is already available .

Umm, its good for those who cant understand EPG because it requires many clicks and left and right movement.However screen moves too fast to read. They also need to increase font size and use 1/4 screen for ads instead of half screen ad.Instead of scrolling text they shud show say 10 entries list then after 10 seconds switch to next 10 entries. i.e. text shud be static and NOT scrolling.

So basically it's a sad EPG with Ads. However will it be a success.

I dont think it will be success, because most ppl who dont know how to operate EPG, see limited sets of programs, timings of which they already know.And ppl like us prefer EPG :D

most ppl who dont know how to operate EPG, see limited sets of programs, timings of which they already know.

And ppl like us prefer EPG :D

Hi Amish

Thanks for your suggestions on the EPG scroll speed on the channel. We will evaluate the scroll vis-a-vis a static approach. Have also noted the video sizing on our channel. We'll see what we can do in that respect.

Please also try and understand the model. What you are seeing on 7Star is a TV channel and not an EPG Application. The channel is an Entertainment channel revolving around the TV industry. The lower EPG scroll has been added to aid those viewers who are still using Analog without the set-top-box. Thats more than 80% viewers in India.

WHAT'S ON INDIA started out as an EPG company and we manage the EPG applications for most major Cable and DTH operators. For us the channel is a different way to present our EPGs mixed with promo videos and recommendations on specials (specials are programs that are announced very late by channels).

If you like the EPG Application better, we have some good news for you - we are working within the industry to improve the quality and structure of EPGs in India.

In the meanwhile, please do keep sharing your valuable suggestions. You could write to us directly at [email protected]

We are a young channel - but we are listening hard to feedback - and making changes accordingly.

Regards
Team @ WHATS ON INDIA

Back