MTNL Mumbai Which Modem/Router to get for MTNL 8Mbps Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Maky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,022
ISP
MTNL
Hello Everyone,

I've been using MTNLs 1Mbps plan for a long time and I decided recently to get a new dedicated internet phone line for myself. I also made a decision not to rent a modem from MTNL this time and buy my own. The last modem I got from them and I have been using that for past 4 years paying rent each month.
I was told to get a 2-In-1 Modem/Router. I currently use their UT-300 model which is the Modem and connected a Belkin Wifi-Router to that to distribute wireless signal for my mobile, laptop etc.

Can anyone please recommend a 2 in 1 Modem/Router for MTNLs 8 Mbps line please.

Thanks in advance.

TD W8968

I'd prefer the W8968. Issues with the 2750U have been documented on the forum. That's not to say that the 2750U is a bad router. The choice is yours.

I'd prefer the W8968. Issues with the 2750U have been documented on the forum. That's not to say that the 2750U is a bad router. The choice is yours.
I actually asked about that one as it was advised to me by the MTNL technician, He said its the one they distribute among some other brands. The last one I got from MTNL was/is a very solid product no issues in the 4+ years I used theirs and my use was 24/7.
What kind of Issues are there with this D-Link one?

Went ahead and got D-Link 2750U.
Internet worked right away no issues but came across some with wireless. My mobile, tablet and laptop kept dropping the wireless connection to it, fixed that with WPA Personal as my form for authentication, after googling around solutions, That one worked for me.

My Speedtest.net results show slightly lower than actual speeds. I am synced to 8191Kbps Down and 1475 Up as per router.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/3991876742.png

The actual download speeds are reflected correctly in Bitorrent.

While I'm satisfied with the performance in Bittorent. I'm now trying to figure out the correct download and upload speeds to set in there along with settings like the amount of Global connections and peers per torrent. Would love to get feedback on that from other 8Mbps users : ).

Last edited:
Went ahead and got D-Link 2750U.
Internet worked right away no issues but came across some with wireless. My mobile, tablet and laptop kept dropping the wireless connection to it, fixed that with WPA Personal as my form for authentication, after googling around solutions, That one worked for me.

My Speedtest.net results show slightly lower than actual speeds. I am synced to 8191Kbps Down and 1475 Up as per router.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/3991876742.png

The actual download speeds are reflected correctly in Bitorrent. Torrent name blanked out:
https://i.imgur.com/xdZCGGf.jpg

While I'm satisfied with the performance in Bittorent. I'm now trying to figure out the correct download and upload speeds to set in there along with settings like the amount of Global connections and peers per torrent. Would love to get feedback on that from other 8Mbps users : ).
Lel! Although you blanked out the torrent name, it becomes quite clear when you swee the bottom "Save as" part! Don't worry, you're just a fellow pirate ;)

Is buying your own ADSL modem for 8M recommended?

I have this from MTNL for now.

450TC1
Firmware Version
:
V85.2.04.02

Back