Which modem to buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter don26
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,017
WTH man ? Why would I get a new broadband connection just to get a free modem ? ??

Broadband Dhamaka : Get Modem free with new Broadband connection. Limited period Offer, Upto 31ST March 11.

Are you serious?
When you buy a HD TV with a HDMI cable thrown in for free would you make such a remark? Would someone buy a TV because of the cable? Probably not. But the cable would be a added incentive to buy wouldn't it? How about all those buy-one-get-one-free offers?
So to answer your question, you would evaluate all your possible ISPs for the features/value they provide (including freebies) and the cost (initial and running) and then decide. Isn't it possible that the free modem might tilt the balance?
For example, if I were going in for a new ISP who gives me ADSL, I would certainly prefer one who supplies the modem so that if I want to shift to say Hayai later, I don't have any loss.

WTH man ? Why would I get a new broadband connection just to get a free modem ? ??

Broadband Dhamaka : Get Modem free with new Broadband connection. Limited period Offer, Upto 31ST March 11.

Buddy I don't think you have read that page carefully. If you do, you will notice that it says its for existing & new customers. Since you are an existing customer, its obvious that you don't NEED a new line but just the h/w, so ask them to install a wifi unit at your place if you check the other threads/posts you will see I have mentioned that currently they are installing a Beetel 2 - 1 unit. If you want the exact specs you can always visit your exchange & meet the SDE for your area to find out what is on offer & explain to him your requirements. MTNL staff have come a long way & are really helpfully, I have experienced that even if they guy you are talking to does not have the info he will get it for you or direct you to the one who knows. Even if you don't need wifi currently you might in future so that suggestion is NOT out of place.

PS I would also suggest not to use WTH or such like if referring to another member even if you are irritated.

Just a digression looks like he never had ANY problems in last five years as he has joined IBF this month :D

Yeah, you should read the link as suggested by socrates above.When you are getting a modem for free, Why not own it? Its better you get a modem from the MTNL ppl as going for a new one can only add to confusion.

Benefits

1. You won't have the compatibility issue with your connection when you get it from MTNL
2. If the modem doesn't function properly, MTNL officials will replace it for you anytime for free

My Suggestion would be to go for MTNL's Modem.

Back