Which OS should I buy for Desktop

• Thread starter Thread starter scat28285
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,453
Agreed, 1 GB minimum and 2 GB recommended, even though lot of people are fawning over Win7 it is still a resource hog like Vista compared to XP... :DEquivalent modern/powerful Linux desktop would have half the requirements IMO 512 MB minimum and 1 GB recommended.

Good to see someone wanting to buy an OS ;)

i own two copies of vista. i am ashamed to admit that.

----------

i am going to buy win 7 provided i can get a similar deal i got with vista.

I would buy Win 7 only after am satisfied with its performance..

looks like i wont be buying a retail copy after all. i would be forced to get one with a new computer i plan to purchase sometime next year. and i would probably get the upgrade from vista edition to save money.

Me too.. am too planning to buy a notebook for myself.. tired using Dell Latitude which I have got from my office.. Just waiting for Win 7 to launch.. after that I would buy it along with Win 7

if the market reports are true, it would be safe to purchase a machine with vista after June-July to get a free upgrade to windows 7 :D provided win 7 is launched later this year as per the market expectations.

if the market reports are true, it would be safe to purchase a machine with vista after June-July to get a free upgrade to windows 7 :D

provided win 7 is launched later this year as per the market expectations.

quite true.. I got my free vista upgrade for my windows xp laptop during one such offer. But the worst part is that I am using ubuntu on that system :rofl:

Back