which phone to buy ??? please help to choose

worst possible device to purchase in the market right now.

Just buy an iPhone :happy:

iphone os is good but i already have an ipod touch.................. and also there is jailbreaking and all involved i also don't like various things about it like the curvy design, price and data plans among others......... maemo 5 and android are towards open source

worst possible device to purchase in the market right now.

Why would you say that?

iPhone os is good but i already have an ipod touch.................. and also there is jailbreaking and all involved i also don't like various things about it like the curvy design, price and data plans among others......... maemo 5 and android are towards open source

Be that as it may, You cannot get a better phone in my opinion. Jailbreaking is not a requirement.

iPhone costs around Rs. 35000 if you are going for the official version in india. if you are going for a jailbroken edition, you would have to be very careful with every single firmware update Apple releases. 4G iphone is coming in june 2010. so buying a 3gs or 3g model right now is a big mistake anyways. and with apple, you are locking yourself with tons of limitations. apple is the IBM of 1980s. better to stay away. it is a bad decision in my opinion.

iPhone costs around Rs. 35000 if you are going for the official version in india.

if you are going for a jailbroken edition, you would have to be very careful with every single firmware update Apple releases.

4G iphone is coming in june 2010. so buying a 3gs or 3g model right now is a big mistake anyways.

and with apple, you are locking yourself with tons of limitations. apple is the IBM of 1980s. better to stay away. it is a bad decision in my opinion.

The 4G point is valid, besides for that-

Have you ever used the iPhone?

It's miles ahead of any other phone. There maybe limitations, But tell me one thing the iPhone does not have, which an Android phone has?

The limitations present are not horrendous in any way. Who care if you cant have bluetooth transfers(Although there is a jailbreak app for it)

You dont have access to root, again why would you need it?(Jailbreaking fixes this)

It's appstore has limitations(why would you care if you were not a developer)... (All limitations are solved by jailbreaking))

The iPhone has the most Vibrant and creative community anywhere.

As for cost, Just get a factory unlocked for 35,000 and you're sorted, (No jailbreaking, unlocking, hacktvation needed. No need to worry about firmware upgrades etc)

PS- Jailbreaking today is easier than ever. One click and your done. (earlier it was much more complicated)

The iPhone has an app for almost anything.

jailbreak app

this is one of the BIGGEST problem with Apple iPhone.

you cannot use anything that they do not want you to use.

they decide what is acceptable for you to use.

you pay the price they want from you. and they decide what you can do with the phone. not nice.

almost everything is not good enough. you cannot have what apple does not want you to have. you have to jailbreak it. that voids the warranty.

no thanks. android does everything iphone does. and more. and it is open. and i can do whatever i want it to do. without worrying about the 'apple ideology'.

I myself was an Apple Hater, before I bought my first iPhone.You are entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with it.I'm guessing, Installing a jailbreak app on the iPhone is easier than installing a non android store app on a gPhone After all it was Nullriver's Installer that started the whole appstore revolution on all mobile platforms.Jailbreaking does void warranty only if apple finds out(Just restore the phone and you are fine).What do you want on the iPhone, that you can't have?

I'm guessing, Installing a jailbreak app on the iPhone is easier than installing a non android store app on a gPhone

you are wrong actually. i can browse to a page with the apk file. download it. and install it. just like i install apps on windows or mac or linux. no hacking or rooting required. works on the official nexus one google sells in the market.

this also means that we get quicker updates to apps because they are able to deliver to us directly. rather than wait for Apple moderators to go through the apps.

iphone os 4 is further going to restrict third party developers. they would be forced to use apple authorized tools for development. that is nuts. it is like microsoft forcing you to use visual studio to develop apps if you want them to work on windows.

apple has gone nuts trying to control their entire ecosystem. what you are saying is just the glitz of their products. what you are doing is falling into a trap. if you look at the bigger picture, you would realize that you are turning yourself into a victim.

apple on mobile devices is pretty much like microsoft on the desktops. worse actually. microsoft has never enforced rules that apple is enforcing through their iphone platform. banning flash. banning legal apps like SSH. banning third party development tools! banning adult content even when your device support parental control. it is rather freaky.

how would you feel like if you could only install microsoft authorized apps on windows? how would you feel like as a developer if you are forced to split the profits generated from your product with Microsoft just because you want it to run on Windows?

look at the bigger picture and maybe then you would realize why i dislike the iPhone. not because of what it is. but because what apple is turning it into.

i have no problems with the device itself. i love the built quality of the product. i have problems with the Apple controlled environment on it. just that.

You have a valid point.But, the thing is, There is nothing that I want, that I don't already have on my iPhone.I'm content (My past experiences are that of Nokia and Sony)I have played with Android, never really used it.You can install from browser even in the iPhone(Using Jailbreak apps)I frankly have no argument against your point. Just that, I believe the iPhone is great and it is a good option for the OP.

Back