Which router can i tether from lyf flame 6 through USB

• Thread starter Thread starter suraj2786
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,820

suraj2786

ISP
bsnl
I want to tether from my lyf flame 6 USB to router and then use ethernet cable. can u advise me on purchase of router.
if u advice me on TP-Link 3020 or , TPLINK mr3220 can u help me install openwrt to use it as router through USB tethering.

Hi!

I've two years old TP-Link MR3020, after getting LYF Flame1, used 'Rooter Firmware' on MR3020 & tethered phone's internet to my existing ethernet network.

Updating firmware is not very complicated, just download firware file from Of Modems and Men Downloads (this is the latest & stable version, more stable than stock firmware) and update using router's existing interface.

Follow step by step details here: Of Modems and Men Tutorials

Make sure you understand every instructions well before proceeding for update.

Last edited:
Thanks abhi
Do u tether through USB?
Is The firmware u recommend is same like openwrt?
Dose 3020 works fine?
How's performance of ur net using lyf with TP-Link 3020

Yes, after updating firmware & initial setup, plugged the phone to router via USB and selected 'USB Tethering'. Rest every thing handled via router. And it's ethernet port is connected to my main wifi router.

This firmware is based upon OpenWRT project & author has modified some code to get additional function.

Experience with 'Rooter Firmware' is excellent. Stock firmware gave occasional reboots.

Speed is almost same whether I tether directly to computer or connected via MR3020 or just using net on phone. With latest firmware update in Flame1, now routers power is enough to keep phone's battery charged.

Thanks x720
I loaded new firmware
Ethernet speed is similar to when i tether directly to laptop. But hotspot speed from router is even less than half compared to hotspot speed of flame6z
Is it something with the router or with firmware or with wireless settings.
Can u help me with settings.

update on hotspot issue.
using routers hotspot download speed is 1/4 compare to using flame 6 hotspot.
but upload speed is same.

Back