Which router is airtel providing with their gigabit internet plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter f3rmion
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 18,920
ISP
Reliance JIO
I came across the following article which claims that Airtel is providing a Wi-Fi router which is capable of delivering gigabit speeds over Wi-Fi along with their gigabit extreme fibre plan. However, there is no mention of the model of the router provided. Any clues?

I don't see the 1gbps plan in the Airtel app. Also, I had received a call from a technician to whom I also enquired about the availability of the 1gbps plan. He said the plan is not available for my state Bihar. I think this is only available to Airtel circle where they provide direct connections. Here, I was not even able to get 200Mbps speed correctly.

Upvote 0
Update:
So airtel local team came today with a new ONT and surprise is that it was airtel branded one and not DASAN ont.
When i told them that i want only dasan ont then they asked their team and said that these new onts were in limited quantity and are not available anymore.
Same reply from them that Nokia ont supports gigabit over lan.

though one thing is that airtel is now providing new dual band ont (without external antennas) which is of blackish grey color and its just little bit bigger than size of jio set top box but similar. I was not able to click a pic but nokia is gone i guess

Upvote 0
Update:
So airtel local team came today with a new ONT and surprise is that it was airtel branded one and not DASAN ont.
When i told them that i want only dasan ont then they asked their team and said that these new onts were in limited quantity and are not available anymore.
Same reply from them that Nokia ont supports gigabit over lan.

though one thing is that airtel is now providing new dual band ont (without external antennas) which is of blackish grey color and its just little bit bigger than size of jio set top box but similar. I was not able to click a pic but nokia is gone i guess
For 100mbps too bro?

Upvote 0

Back