Why Airtel is better than BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter paradox167
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,806

paradox167

ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
Hi folks,First of all let me start by wishing all the members and guests a very happy and prosperous Diwali:)Now to the real matter- Since the introduction of the new plans or "promotional offer" from BSNL is like a sick, horrible joke and the fact that even the government is keen on promoting the Fair Usage Policy, it is clear that we, the customers, have to live with capped broadband for now::mad::mad::(Moreover, here are facts that tell me BSNL needs NEW PLANS REALLY FAST--1. With BSNL UL1399 [512kbps] plan consider you get a download speed of 57 KBps . For a month of continuous usage you get a data transfer of around 148 GB/month [download only]2. With Airtel turbo 1299 plan [day@512(57KBps) & night @1Mbps(114KBps)] - for the month of continuous usage you get a data transfer of around 176 GB/month even after taking into account the Fair Usage Policy of 100GB after which you get 256@day and [email protected]. The quality of customer care, stability of connection is without doubt the best from Airtel. [we all know the lazy babus in BSNL helpline!!:001_tt2:]More bandwidth and cheaper price, i'd rather disconnect my BSNL and move over to Airtel.NOTE - The data transfer numbers calculated above are highly improbable to achieve in real world and possible only under ideal condition.It does not take into account the uploading data which can be around (15-16)GB for heavy surfersPLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS AND VIEWS - THEY ARE WELCOME.:D Happy Diwali

IN india every cc is bad irrespective of any sector... tell me a better plan than BB500...

With current plans intact, BSNL is still competitive. Especially night unlimited. No other ISP is offering night unlimited.

Okay BB500 plan is 2Mbps at night i presume for 6 hours?Taking a download speed of 230KBps of continuous download you get monthly data transfer of 149~150 GB/month.Having said that, i agree it is very suitable for most people but for moderate to heavy surfing, it is not possible at daytime with only a 2: GB limit. How many people can afford to stay up after 2 am to watch youtube/online videos?

I agree with you paradox167,but BSNL H500 is a very good plan for those with tight budgets [like me :redface:]But I also agree that its sometimes frustrating when I want to watch a youtube video in HD..I always have to check and make sure that I am not exceeding the 2.5GB limit or sometimes even some software or other download which is greater than 100-150MB..I have to think twice before starting the downloadBut for other type of downloads [esp. torrents] this plan rocks :happy:I am happy with what BSNL provides me in 500rs / month..

BSNL is rubbish here...Airtel much better..got sick of BSNL and got it disconnected permanently..they haven't even given my deposit back

You dont need to tell us what we already know. BSNL are just money grabbing pricks.

Hi folks,

First of all let me start by wishing all the members and guests a very happy and prosperous Diwali:)

Now to the real matter-

Since the introduction of the new plans or "promotional offer" from BSNL is like a sick, horrible joke and the fact that even the government is keen on promoting the Fair Usage Policy, it is clear that we, the customers, have to live with capped broadband for now::mad::mad::(

Moreover, here are facts that tell me BSNL needs NEW PLANS REALLY FAST--

1. With BSNL UL1399 [512kbps] plan consider you get a download speed of 57 KBps . For a month of continuous usage you get a data transfer of around 148 GB/month [download only]

2. With Airtel turbo 1299 plan [day@512(57KBps) & night @1Mbps(114KBps)] - for the month of continuous usage you get a data transfer of around 176 GB/month even after taking into account the Fair Usage Policy of 100GB after which you get 256@day and 1Mbps@night.

3. The quality of customer care, stability of connection is without doubt the best from Airtel. [we all know the lazy babus in BSNL helpline!!:001_tt2:]

More bandwidth and cheaper price, i'd rather disconnect my BSNL and move over to Airtel.

NOTE -
The data transfer numbers calculated above are highly improbable to achieve in real world and possible only under ideal condition.
It does not take into account the uploading data which can be around (15-16)GB for heavy surfers

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS AND VIEWS - THEY ARE WELCOME.:D Happy Diwali

ONE thing u should know ......... Airtel is only available in cities Not available in entire INdia like BSNL provides ........

First OFF all where did u get u r math from ............. got to 1 or 2nd class and learn u r math ..........

Airtel ........... 512 kbps for 14 hours which makes 3 gB approx and 1 mbps for 10 hours which makes 4 gb per day .......... which makes 7 gb per day .. on account of effective utilization ... make it 6 gb ............................. with out any upload .....................................

then u r 100 gb limit will be over in 16 days ....... then 256 kbps for 14 hours which make u 1.5 gb approx and 1 mbsp for 10 hours which makes 4 gb per day .......... 5.5 gb per day which effective utilization make it to 5 gb per day in remaining days .......... 10 gb with upload and download .......... which makes 130 gb paer day .......... and 60gb of download and 20 gb upload .......... which makes 160gb download and 20 gb upload ..........

in total which comes around 180 gb with no upload for first 15 days .........

when compared to BSNL 500c plan ...... 2 mbps for 6 hours which makes about 150 per month and 30 gb upload per month ......... with effective utilzation ... lets take 120 gb and 20 gb upload .............. got about 140 gb .................

lets take 1350 home .......... 512 kbps dedicated which makes 300 gb of total transfer ... on effective utilization .......... 120 gb download and 60gb upload which makes .......... 180 gb with total upload ........
for me the the total traffic touches about 240gb ......
If u care for download answer is 500 plans if u care of upload answer is 1350 plan .....

this can be got in just 500 rs rather than 1299 ............. which makes far better than .......... Airtel

----------

Okay BB500 plan is 2Mbps at night i presume for 6 hours?
Taking a download speed of 230KBps of continuous download you get monthly data transfer of 149~150 GB/month.

Having said that, i agree it is very suitable for most people but for moderate to heavy surfing, it is not possible at daytime with only a 2: GB limit. How many people can afford to stay up after 2 am to watch youtube/online videos?

this is real funny .......... thats the reason they have download managers .. do u download anything ......... without download manager :wall:

alright. here is my counter answer... BSNL has to be present all over India because it is owned by the government. they get the funds from the government which in turn comes from our pockets. airtel on the other hand is a private company so profits are more important. so they tend to stay away from markets which are not going to be profitable. also... airtel does not provide services in areas where they cannot guarantee a certain level of service. that is the reason why we keep on hearing complaints about customers who cannot get an airtel connection even though the company is providing services 500 meters away. they have managed to keep the lure of expanding their business around the country by ensuring profitability and customer support.

@adminPlease edit that post by kanishka and remove all the stupid formatting. IMO it should be removed completely anyway. Forums should have only basic text support to retain sanity.

Back