Why are there fewer ads on HD channels in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,673
ISP
airtel
i am noticing significant lack of ads in HD channels on videocon d2h HD ..............although there are self shows promotions still but ads are very less
whats happening .just curious?

If you are thinking its a problem, then its not :)
Ads are not present because most Ads may not have been shot in HD mode. Though now Star channels have some ads for 1 minute. Movies Now HD has lots of ads similar to its SD channel.
As HD channels are charged premium, ideally they should not carry ads :)

But of late these so called show promotions too are increased. Earlier a one hour show on an SD channel would end up in 40-42 minutes in HD, now the durations is almost similar to the SD channels, difference of just few minutes. Only when it comes to movies/premieres you dont have a single ad. Have noticed on Sony HD.

HD channel coverage is not that good in India .. If you notice in all GEC HD channels they have a habit of showing promotion in animation form while the serial/movie is on .. its plain ridiculous ... while seeing on colors all of a sudden anil kapoor pops up with a gun what nonsense and in Sony amitabh is walking for kbc .. why cant they get rid of this crap ??
In cricket if you noticed yesterday t20 match on two to three occasions star cricket hd cut one ball for adverts .. are we paying a premium for this in HD ?? I will kill myself the day L shaped ads come in cricket coverage in HD which im sure they will by WC 2015 ....

Has the recent TRAI order on ad-limitation been stayed? Coz it seemed that there was an abundance of ads during KBC the other day!

Back