Why Big TV is better than TataSky, Dish TV & Local cable operator?

• Thread starter Thread starter zexy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 10,384
Reliance always launches with big no. of freebies, It is always good when new, Everything starts becoming worse when it gets a little older.

Remember the free STD offer when it launched, Buy a cell phone for 21000 Rs and get 3 years of STD free, I'm not sure how many people bought it, But a lot many did, How many did actually use it was a big question.

People who never made STD calls, made because it was offered for free.. Free? 21000 for the service, thats more than what i would spend normally...

Channels for free now, Later many services will come, so will the cost..
I'm keeping off the private operators..

No wish, Keep off Dish.. I'm Not wising anything more.

No more Jhingalala, I never did, with Tata Sky.

BigTv, Big offers, Even bigger shocks to come.. :hysterical:

Cable may be a bad choice, but atleast my freedom to choose channels is not curbed :happy: I pay for what i want to see..

I'm not going to serve money to Vikram kaushik to see what he wants me to see.. :@

You are correct. If there service quality is also better then no one can defeat them.

:thumbsup:

Wait for some time. They are yet to start.

The subscription cost is Rs. 300/ p.m. for all the channels, but till its commercial launch it is provided free.. I am using Big TV since 3 months for free.

Are the channels rates confirmed? When are they going to launch?

The subscription cost is Rs. 300/ p.m. for all the channels, but till its commercial launch it is provided free.. I am using Big TV since 3 months for free.

So I am getting at present 189 channels plus 21 radio channels, i.e. 210 channels for Rs. 300 and cusomer care has said that channels would go upto 240.

So in Big TV one will get 240 channels for Rs. 300/- i.e. Rs.1.25 per channel.

Tata Sky & Dish TV are giving approx 160 channels for Rs. 325/- that comes to Rs. 2.25 per channel.

Local cable operators are giving 80 channels and charging Rs. 275/- to Rs. 300/- which comes to Rs. 3.50 per channel and in CAS areas they are giving Rs. 5 per channel plus Rs. 70/- for FTA.

So Big TV is more affordable plus it has latest mpeg4 technology so more clearity and better sound.

Big TV Rocks.

well ya but that 240 channels includes radio channels as well,and i heard that they are going to increase the no of radio channels,also the rest of the channels will mostly be filled by the yet to launch reliance channels.

Wait for some time. They are yet to start.

Are the channels rates confirmed? When are they going to launch?

Rates:--- The bigtv websites mentions a base pack of under-100 .... " ...... Start with the basic package, and then choose the add-ons and upgrades that fit your needs. Pay exactly for what you need. For as little as under Rs. 100 a month, you can get over dozens of digital as well as Pay-Per-View channels and much more......"

What is the use of so called 200 channels. Just think how many channels you watch.....?????:hysterical: We are planing to go same cable TV without CAS era where operators charging us for those channels also that we do not watch. TRAI came for Rs.5/- per paid channels in CAS area to avoid this. I know the people in CAS area who pay less than Rs. 100/- and watch his selected channels only.:confused: I am really wating for days when TRAI will fix same Rs. 5/- per channels other than FTA for DTH and IPTV both. I wrote to TRAI about this and he is telling that first they want to ensure the quality in DTH and IPTV and then intervene for pricing otherewise pricewar start and operator will not focus on quality. They are right as we can see the fight among DTH operators for quality where BIG TV is coming with MP4 video and DISH is coming with HD in Dec. Dish is also going to launch his private satelite for this purpose. So please do not see how many channels operator is giving, see the channels you watch are there or not. I have been using Dish TV since that time when only ZEE channels were there. I have seen lot of ups and down and certainly at present atleast Tata Sky can't beat them ( using Tata sky also). Dish is very honest company and never cheat customer what Tata sky did by doing pricing revision. If price is really concern, go for MTNL IPTV. I have posted details about this in MTNL IPTV section. You will get 122 channels in Rs. 199/- only, no rental for settop box, can watch 7 day old program at any point of time, watch movie with fast forward and lot of....but i doubt about the quality whthere they can provide video like DTH. Better wait and watch.

Back