Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Netflix/Prime Video/Hotstar

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Scrolling through reels 😆

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 83050

Finding something to watch on Netflix, Prime Video or Hotstar has always been a tough Job for me. Overwhelming abundance of options, endless menus and recommendation algorithms, it just becomes impossible sometimes to decide what to watch unless there's a new season of a previously watched series or a sequel to a movie. I've completely stopped watching content on these streaming applications now. Watching TV should be relaxing and nowadays with OTTs it feels like another duty to fulfil, just to justify the subscription amount paid.

YouTube on the other hand is very accessible and it's just very easy to watch content on it. The recommendation algorithm is super crisp and its just getting better over the time I feel. It's much more entertaining and relaxing to watch YouTube. Variety of content to choose from including podcasts, food and travel vlogs, infotainment videos etc. I always end up opening YouTube on my TV after scrolling through Prime or Netflix.
Although it's free technically but now they are pushing ads like crazy but getting a YT premium is much more affordable than buying a Netflix subscription.

Depends on what you like to watch.
I like latest movies, so for me its Prime Video, Netflix and others.
I use Youtube mostly for songs, trailers, reviews kind of videos.

People who are into watching niche content, Netflix is definitely the way to go.
It's also one of the most hassle-free way compared to other unorthodox methods.

I have Prime just for discounts, quicker delivery and The Grand Tour whenever it airs once in a while.
I have been using Prime Free-of Cost since 2017.

While, in most households, YouTube is definitely the one with the most watch time. It is not a direct competitor with other OTT services.

Last edited:
Likely with a mobile postpaid plan or fiber plan. Either way, the monthly bill is likely to be over 1k. Or a Jio fiber plan that comes bundled with Amazon Prime (among other OTT platforms).

Back