Wierd DSL 502 T Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter cyber_d3vil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,135

cyber_d3vil

ISP
MTNL
Hey Guys, I have this problem since some time now ...Everytime I 'm connected to the internet (via bridge mode) ...After some time for no known reason my router's (DSL 502 T) ADSL Link/Act light goes dead and then the only thing I 've to do is power it off & on again so everything is normal.This does not happen when I 'm afk and other processes keep working while I 'm afk ...but when I start surfing or anything else suddenly in 5-10 minutes the link act goes dead ! Does anyone else have the same problem? How to fix it ? I dont think it can be a problem with my line 'cus it has been changed twice in this month (Once due to complaint from my side & the 2nd time some lunatic stole all lines in our area so they had to redo the whole thing) I use the 849 NU plan if this will help. Thanks in advance :wall:

Does this happen only with bridged mode? I mean... have u tried with PPPOE? If its only with bridged mode... try changing you DNS... Maybe it will help!

Does this happen only with bridged mode? I mean... have u tried with PPPOE? If its only with bridged mode... try changing you DNS... Maybe it will help!

Thx for reply, no, I think it would happen either way :P

i understand they changed your line twice and it couldnt be a line problem, but there could be a problem with your internal telephone setup, please make sure that you dont have any telephones connected between the main telephone line from the pole to the splitter,all telephones should be connected after the splitter .. read this for more details Prashanth Speaks-Technology and Life: Frequent Disconnection in DSL connection

D-Link Support
Intermittent disconnections Print
Check the ADSL light status on your router
when your connection goes down:
If the ADSL light is not coming on, that means that the router is not detecting ADSL signal on your phone line.
Try using shorter line extension cord. Avoid knots and coils on the telephone cord;
- Check with your ISP/Telco company if there are noises/faults on yourline.
- In your router configuration page go to
Advanced > ADSL and set Modulation type to
G.dmt (this disables ADSL2+);
- Update your router to the latest firmware;
If ADSL light is stable try setting your computer's network card IP address:
Control Panel > Network Connection > Local
Area Connection Properties > Internet
Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties:
IP address: 10.1.1.99
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway: 10.1.1.1
DNS: 61.88.88.88 (or whichever DNS your ISP is using).
If disconnections are only affecting wireless workstations please see General Wireless troubleshooting.
Reference;
D-Link Support
select your modem from menu left side bottom. Changing to GDMT may help.

D-Link Support
Reference;
D-Link Support
select your modem from menu left side bottom. Changing to GDMT may help.

Thanks pal, my ADSL setting is already set to G.dmt ..Maybe I should use Multi Mode. BTW, the problem does not occur any more since the past 2 days, I 'll check out the website, ty for free help :P ! :)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my telephone line is connected to my router first & then goes to the phones, via the splitter, so that cant be a problem. BTW it suddenly got fixed by itself :S

@/members/cyber_d3vil/Telephone line ===Rj11=>>..Splitterlineport ===>>ADSL PORT===rj11===>modem/router====PHONE PORT==>>> RJ11 ALL PHONES/cordless base etc.

Thanks.. Yes I got the line connected FIRST to the router and THEN to the telephone(s) ...I still have the problem and it occurs randomly on random days and when it does the ADSL link act suddenly goes blank and never returns till I turn off/on the router :/

Hi friends, I am facing this problem from this month itself.MTNL people gave me DSL-502T router .I have taken 256 kbps combo pack.For the first 2 month download speed was 200-250 kbps speed. But in this month(december) download speed is 20kbps.i dont knew what is the problem. I made call to MTNL customer care but no proper feedback to help my problem. Kindly help me if any body knew about it. Regards

Back