Wifi not working: Dlink DI-524

• Thread starter Thread starter ellesar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,600

ellesar

ISP
BSNL Dataone
hello,1) I am using a BSNL dataone broadband connection. 2) I have the DSL-502T adsl modem. 3) I have a desktop with a D-Link DWA-510 Wireless G Desktop Adapter in another room4) I have a Dlink DI-524 Wireless RouterI have configured the wireless router and the adsl modem and one desktop computer is connected by wire to the first LAN port of the wireless router and the internet is working fine on it.The problem is that the desktop with the DWA-510 Wireless Desktop adapter is not able to connect to the wireless network of the wireless router. I am sure that the DWA-510 is working fine as i have connected to other wifi networks. Is it possible that the wifi of the DI-524 is not working? The router settings seem to be fine. What could be the problem?Thanks!

desktop with the DWA-510 Wireless Desktop adapterDlink DI-524 Wireless RouterSince you say , Desktop connects to other UNSECURED wif networks,Check security key entered in DI-524 , or try for testing, witout any security key Confirm in Desktop wireless lan your wifi name appears.

@ essbebe i haven't put any security on the wifi network yet...@ superprash2003 nope the desktop doesnt see the wifi router. no wireless networks detected at all!thanks!

I am sure that the DWA-510 is working fine as i have connected to other wifi networks.
the desktop doesnt see the wifi router. no wireless networks detected at all!
In your desktop
Start Network/ Show all connections
do you see a wireless network as well as the Lan network ?
If NO
Start All programs/ Accessories/ Communications
Wireless Network Wizard.
create a wireless network.
Post these data
start RUN type cmd Ok.
new window
type ipconfig /all
both networks data required.

Back