wifi problem

• Thread starter Thread starter mamamiaboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,125

mamamiaboy

ISP
900 ultm
i have recently bought an ipod touch :yahoo:......an jus wanted to know if it is possible to have wifi internet at my house using my .. Huawei quidway wa1003a sterlite modem...without switching the comp on .....

yes.. for that you need to use ppoe mode. how is it configured right now? does your internet work as soon as you switch on your modem or do you have to dial from your computer?

if it has to be dialed then your using bridged mode not ppoe mode.. in ppoe mode your internet works as soon as you switch on your modem/router .

oh but the problem is that i am not able to go to 192.168.1.1 for ppoe mode config..

nope havent tried it ever but i dont think itll work ...i dont thnk my computer had that required wifi card

ur computer wired to the modem neednt have a wifi card... the modem that u mention has a wifi AP built in... what u need to do is to set the modem as a stand alone always on internet router and using ethernet connect to the computer which then becomes a part of a network hence neednt be on for other computers/ipod/iPhone in the network to use the net using wifi

Back