Wifi works but the weird connection doesn't

• Thread starter Thread starter Thedoom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2,803
When I type in 192.168.1.1 -t on my PC, it shows connection timed out.
But the command doesn't work on laptop.

How do I do a tracert to Google?

Edit- I tried a different Ethernet wire but I'm still facing the same problem.

When I connected the Ethernet to my laptop, I ran the diagnostic as it was windows 8 and win 7 wasn't able to detect any problem.
After 5 min I got the error that" The Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration." But both the IP and dns were set to automatic

Last edited:
use these commands on the cmd window -

ping 192.168.1.1 -t
ping google.com
tracert google.com

and post the screenshot or the result you get. And have you checked the wire with both pc and laptop. If so then the issue is surely with the router.

Else if only on PC issue persists then Perhaps reinstalling the Ethernet driver might be the only option left.

It's showing connection timed out when I ping to 192.168.1.1 and black screen when I ping to Google.

In my laptop, everything is working good. Yes I've tried both the wires with the PC and laptop but the connection doesn't work

Update:
I got a new modem+router from Amazon- w8961nd. The wired connection is working perfectly fine.

One problem I'm encountering is that Wi-Fi is not working. Only Whatsapp is working that too a bit slow. Rest of the apps are not working. Even I can't open websites. Same is the case with my laptop or any other mobile in the house.

One more thing I noticed is that Wi-Fi works perfectly for a limited period of time. Suppose I switch it in at 10 am. It will work till 11 or 12 perfectly. I'll be able to open all sites, all apps then suddenly it would not work again.

It happened with my previous modem+router too ie 450tc1 when it started giving problems. At that time the wired connection didn't work at all as the modern was totally screwed so I thought the wifi must be problem with the modem too. Hence the modern was changed but I am still getting the wifi problem.

Interference? What channel is your WiFi network on?

If you're on android, download WiFi analyzer and check what channels are the neighboring networks on.

Does restarting the router fix the WiFi?

This is weird, my wifi is working at this moment. I dont know for how long it will work....
Where can I find the channel of my wifi network?

Restarting the router doesnt fix the problem, though if I switch it on in the morning, it will work perfectly for a few hours.

I think there is some problem with the wireless settings. The MTNL babus are outrightly refusing to do something as they are only comfortable with Beetel modems.

I figured out the problem and solved it. I just had to change the ssid and the password. Works like a charm now. :)

Back