Will Mobile Number Portability actually be launched on Jan 20th? I doubt it

since its already launched in haryana, i do not see any further delays. but anything can happen! i am waiting for MNP. i need to get airtel for the 2g roaming. not very keen on 3g right now because the packages are very expensive. :)

o

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Hmm will take your word for it...i'm currently using vodafone postpaid blackberry services and paying a bomb for it...need to switch to some decent plans...maybe docomo or aircel...also need an operator which will let me tether my device...know of any?
Also i think pvt 3g services will be expensive...its foolish to compare their rates to govt entities like BSNL who anyways get their rates subsidised..wat say?

heh. bsnl is just shooting themselves in the foot. piling up losses like anything.

How BSNL is getting the 3G subsidised?

I mean it is a govt entity at the end of the day...

How BSNL is getting the 3G subsidised?

bsnl is not subsidies for 3g. it has paid for spectrum in almost every circle. and i think it has maximum state covered all over india for 3g and since MNP is launched in haryana.it will not be delayed. because technically when haryana mnp subscribe goes to roaming it should work every where so i think it is implemented every where.

yeap. they were supposed to pay the same price as the highest bidder to get the 3g spectrum for rest of india (delhi and mumbai excluded). they had asked for some financial relief. i do not remember if government gave them a discount or not.

yeap. they were supposed to pay the same price as the highest bidder to get the 3g spectrum for rest of india (delhi and mumbai excluded).

they had asked for some financial relief. i do not remember if government gave them a discount or not.

probably no financial relief is given

Back