will Tata Sky DTH unlock stb from dec 1 as per trai ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ragavindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12,322
even if TS Unlocks its STB we should turn the dish towards some other direction and angle to be able to receive the FTA signals from the satellite.. This means i should install another dish to be able to receive these signals and then switch between them to be able to see all channels.. Anyways remains a lot to be figured out.. Hopefully v all would be benefited with this rule..

Is there any universal toll free customer care provider in India . 1800 numebrs in india are still charged or not connectable from mobiles ( correct me here if wrong ) . Making something free of charge from MTNL and BSNL doesnt make it toll free in any sense when there are 10-12 large scale telephony providers in India . If you are a MTNL customer and have a reliance or tata mobile at home , is 1500 toll free ? :P

Is there any universal toll free customer care provider in India . 1800 numebrs in india are still charged or not connectable from mobiles ( correct me here if wrong ) . Making something free of charge from MTNL and BSNL doesnt make it toll free in any sense when there are 10-12 large scale telephony providers in India . If you are a MTNL customer and have a reliance or tata mobile at home , is 1500 toll free ? :P

1800 numbers are toll free. Tata Sky is having 1860 number which is chargeable. Toll free numbers are operator specific. So they are usable from BSNL and MTNL phones only. Recently Tata Indicom has started the facility to dial 1800 numbers. Now Tata Indicom users can dial 1800 numbers and BSNL users can dial Tata Indicom's toll free numbers in return.

For December 1st, its mandatory for all to have a toll free number, but that doesn't mean that it can be dialled from any phone in India. That will be for BSNL, MTNL and Tata Indicom users as far as I think.

Logically speaking, if a toll free number is mandatory, it has to be accessible from all networks. If that is not the case, operators will have to set up as many numbers as required so that all telephone subscribers from all networks have at least one toll free option.

i think recently airtel also declared that they now support calling to 1800 toll free numbers from their networkas per international standards 1800 number are toll free. then it becomes mobile operator's responsibility to support them and not DTH operator's. they cant have 10 different numbers for 10 types of networks. tomorrow reliance wud come with GSM so are they supposed to get one more toll free number?

Airtel does provide the facility to call the toll free nos from the mobile at re. 1 per min..It is not free, Just another facility for the mobile users to reach nos that were not allowed to be made thro the mobiles..

Looks like there is some deal between Reliance-BSNL/MTNL and TATA-BSNL/MTNL
Techtree.com India > News > Telecom > Reliance, BSNL in Toll-free Tie
Moneycontrol India :: News :: TTML launches 1-800 toll free services in Mumbai :: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam :: Press- Market :: Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra),MTNL,Tata Indicom ,Haridev Khosla
So there is probability that TOLL free numbers are free on Reliance & TATA INDICOM landline.
(Mobile operators may always charge for calling TOLL FREE numbers as they may require some resource utilised for calling even TOLL FREE numbers)

@ all,Trai Guidelines do not ask Dth operators to unlock the stb and provide all fta channels on that satelite.It is mentioned that they have to provide the free to air channels even if consumer do not pay.That means they cant deactivate.

It is also said that operators cannot force a customer to buy another box if he already has one box with him. How can he use the existing box with the new operator if it is not unlocked?

@ gregoryI think kedarisv or ajuravi or asdfgf can .give you the answer.@ gregoryI think kedarisv or ajuravi or asdfgf can .give you the answer.Or jjvj(?) where is he.I remember ajuravi once posted this thread and was deleted by admin.

Back