Windows 7 starting with a temporary profile

• Thread starter Thread starter srpati10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,093

srpati10

ISP
BSNL BBG Combo ULD 1000
I have windows 7 ultimate OS. It was working fine till yesterday, when it started, it started with a new desktop screen and my old desktop screen was gone and it gave the following message in the system tray " You have been logged on with a temporary profile. You can not access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log off and try logged on later. Please see the event log for details or contact your system admin". I tried to log off and log on again, but no changes found. I had not installed any new software or hardware in the recent past. Why this problem came and how to get rid of this problem and get back to my old desktop. Kindly help me.

Try logging with safe mode.

@chromanic, yes i am able to access all my data, which are stored in hard disk. But if i try to create a new icon, and in the next restart, the icon will not be available any more. I have to set up all application again, like IE etc. Yes, i tried system restore, but it is not showing any past system restore date, it is showing the curent date only. So system restore didn't help. @experience, i didn't shutdwon the PC directly. Also i have done many restarts, but the problem is still there.@Indianmascot, i will try logging in with safe mode tonight and let u knoew the results.

try using the refresh and reinstall option in settings. rather than formatting the machine and reinstalling from the iso/disk. refresh alone fixed major stability problems for a nephew. it might work in your case too.crap. never mind. i got confused with windows 8. what a useless response.

Try creating a new User from Control Panel and then login to that username, make sure you give Administrator rights to it. If it works fine, then simple copy the required data from the old profile to the new profile. Later on you can delete the old user from User Accounts and delete the profile folder from C:\Users, after making sure you have copied all required data.

Back