wireless transmission of tv channels in house

• Thread starter Thread starter techfun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,428

techfun

ISP
airtel broadband
once i saw a stall selling wireless transmitter with adapters for tv's to recieve tv channels originating fron single wired source(cable,set top or dvd) at trade fair in delhi...i could not buy it then but as now cable wiring in my house is cumbersome and dangling wires look creepy,i am looking for that device...anyone has an idea?pls let me know...thx

once i saw a stall selling wireless transmitter with adapters for tv's to receive tv channels originating fron single wired source(cable,set top or dvd) at trade fair in delhi...i could not buy it then but as now cable wiring in my house is cumbersome and dangling wires look creepy,i am looking for that device...anyone has an idea?
pls let me know...thx

i am surprised that not even one out of eighty techno savvy people who visited here have heard about this device........

i am surprised that not even one out of 52 techno savvy people who visited here have heard about this device........

I think I've seen this device at a friend's place some 10-15 years ago. It's basically a transmitter connnected to the rf out of a vcr, which has the cable signal connected to the rf in. The transmitter then beams the channel viewed on the 1st tv on a manually set frequency which can be received by any tv on the signal radius using the inbuilt antenna... the only drawback to this is that you cannot change the channels on the 2nd tv, but have to watch what is being viewed on the 1st tv....

Sony sells such a device in China but it is used to stream signals from computer to TVs I dont know whether this can be used for your purpose.It is offered as a gift with it's LCD TV Range

i have bought and used AV wireless (component RCA) transmitters donno if that is what u r talking about ..the range is not much & the transmission is prone to disturbance..best only for very short distances

i have bought and used AV wireless (component RCA) transmitters donno if that is what u r talking about ..the range is not much & the transmission is prone to disturbance..best only for very short distances

well cw for what purpose did u use av transmitter?yes this is right device but greatest challenge is that there should be a provision to change channels..transmission of single channel is simple but on cable one receives multiple channels and delivering them on tv sets is challenging

----------

I think I've seen this device at a friend's place some 10-15 years ago. It's basically a transmitter connnected to the rf out of a vcr, which has the cable signal connected to the rf in. The transmitter then beams the channel viewed on the 1st tv on a manually set frequency which can be received by any tv on the signal radius using the inbuilt antenna... the only drawback to this is that you cannot change the channels on the 2nd tv, but have to watch what is being viewed on the 1st tv....

blu vcr must be transmitting single channel but cable beams multiple channels..yes main problem lies with changing of channels

----------

Sony sells such a device in China but it is used to stream signals from computer to TVs I dont know whether this can be used for your purpose.It is offered as a gift with it's LCD TV Range

sad they r not selling it in india...let me chk this product on thier chinese website....lets hope i am able to translate the chinese website

Back