Worst fiber - Jio Air Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter Dhingra86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,134
ISP
Jio Air Fiber
Strongly not recommended to anyone. I recently got installed in my residence. Since then I am facing lot of problems while using this jio Air Fiber. Customer support not supportive and have lack of knowledge. Complaint was registered on 12/06/2024 and today is 16/06/2024, no technician visited even after 5 days passed.
Therefore, I would not suggest to anyone to go for Jio Air Fiber.

@Dhingra86 If you recently got your Air Fiber connection. You'll probably got 30-days free-trial Plan.

If you are still on Free-Trial plan, You can get your Air Fiber money refunded by JIO.
image.png

If you are out of free-trial or haven't receive the free trial. You can register your complaint by mailing at JIO customer care, Using Twitter, Calling Customer Care. That's the way you can get your connection resolved.
If they don't response to your application properly, Register complaint at CPGRAMS-Home directly. It'll get your issues resolved asap. (mostly)

@Protector there is no refund policy for JioAirfiber after the installation is done. that refund policy is for jiofiber. i am actively raising the voice against jioairfiber issues and their illegal no-refund policy.

@Dhingra86 the problem you see is just a start. there are 20-50 major issues present in jioairfiber. the concerning thing is they have an illegal no-refund policy for this worst service. check twitter complains. remember, a techinican visit only give a loss of time and headache and the issues will never get fixed. support is s# it and there is no way to get your money back. Pgportal, NCH are of no use. Jio Radha Nair is very rude and useless. i have filed the complain in consumer court and waiting for the case approval.

@Aryanraj JioAirFiber Postpaid - Services - Terms & Conditions

I don't think they got any illegal no-refund policy. It is mentioned clearly in there T&C so we can't blame the company mainly.
It's the fault of consumer basically for not going through T&C, Privacy Policy & Refund Policy before taking the Fiber/Air Fiber connections.

It's always best to read T&C & Privacy Policy before agreeing to it. So, It's consumer fault but as ISP not providing refund is also not good.

But, TRAI only put there Policy with Wireline only not with Wireless so AirFiber is under Wireless Connection which let them not put Refund Policy to it at nearby future. It can be changed if some legal actions taken and people raise there voice but people usually don't do it and remains as how it is right now.

I don't know about JIO PGPortal Response but for BSNL & Airtel, I always receive top-notch support incl. Higher officials numbers (to directly contact them). I think you get some higher authority number and can call / mail them to get your concern resolved.

hi @Protector , i think is is unethical, illegal and wrong in every way. first they are taking benefits offering it at higher price in the monopoly with forced addon. Second, they are refusing to refund a single penny as soon the installation is done. they have mixed tos everywhere and not a proper easy to understand tos and FAQ.

We never booked the jioairfiber ownself to check the "I agree" terms box. We only paid the amount. JioAirfiber service is bad. Support is bad. What you expect if they are so good to have no refund policy just because there are no alternatives to switch.

one side they are offering unlimited 5g and here on a higher cost we are not even able to use a small 30mbps plan properly.

@Aryanraj Let's clarify few things before going into ToS & other related issues.

i think is is unethical, illegal and wrong in every way. first they are taking benefits offering it at higher price in the monopoly with forced addon
There is a reason why Fiber and Air Fiber are different. Air Fibers at any ISP is more expensive than Fiber connection due to maintenance, equipment and other resources required to setup things. Before choosing any ISP we should explore regarding Price, functions, advantages, disadvantages etc. on there website & customer reviews at your local level. It's the basic things which anyone should do before choosing ISP.

Second, they are refusing to refund a single penny as soon the installation is done
Workers are working on the things told to them by Higher authorities. There ToS doesn't represent any refund policy so they can't issue any refund by any means. This is not something on the hand of Customer Care but if you raise complaint at higher authorities, It'll take sometime but eventually they will give excuse of ToS at the end. So, Nothing much can be done before they do any edit on there ToS or TRAI force on them to put refund policy on WireLess connections as they have done on Wireline connections.

They have mixed tos everywhere and not a proper easy to understand tos and FAQ.
I agree with you that there ToS is mixed-up but if you look deeply into it, You can access them easily and can understand them easily if you usually read ToS and other informations on other sites too. as a customer, This should be done by anyone who opt for any services. All services got ToS, FAQ etc. before agreeing to them. Similarly, If you apply your connection 'Online' you'll automatically get agree to ToS and other formalities so it's not an excuse to be shown to JIO or any other services.

We never booked the jioairfiber ownself to check the "I agree" terms box
When you apply for Air Fiber or Fiber through Online or Offline chambers, You'll see at there broacher referring to ToS and other related links on them or QR Code. When i applied for Fiber, I've gone through it and checked everything. After confirming with the Sales person, I took the Fiber. My experience is also worst on it but we can't do anything after 30-days free trial. Only some money will be refunded but not full. In case of Air Fiber, It's just a money-stealing way.

JioAirfiber service is bad. Support is bad. What you expect if they are so good to have no refund policy just because there are no alternatives to switch.
I agree with you 100%. You can see people review at JIO Fiber/Air Fiber threads. It's not 'You' but many people like you are also facing issues. They usually do complaints, ask for support etc. but at the end, All get disappointed by the service of JIO. So, There is nothing we can do at our level until or unless some higher authorities start taking actions or people at high amount starts to put there demand.

one side they are offering unlimited 5g and here on a higher cost we are not even able to use a small 30mbps plan properly.
there full Interface from backend to box is messed up.

When the JIO Fiber got initiated in new cities, They just took all the Fiber requests without even checking there own machine capabilities and how much there Nodes and Servers can handle at 1 time. There Capacity to fill-up users are always overloaded on there machines. They don't care about customer complaints and feedback + doesn't work on them.

Similarly, When 4G was announced back in 2016 - 2018, Everyone took JIO 4G with 50MBPS Speed but just after 1-year (after 399 plan got expensive) there service of 4G got depleted day-by-day, Now 4G is just a joke with 10 - 20 MBPS Speed Download & 1 -2 MBPS Upload speed only. Cities which got 5G Connection will have 4G with 40MBPS speed and still 5 - 9 MBPS Upload only. Including 5G speed was like 700MBPS at initial time but now it can't even exceed 150MBPS now.

Overall, There infrastructure is too cheap and not taken carefully. That's the reason they have shifted from JIO Fiber to Air Fiber services. They just want to get more customers on 5G Nodes and let the users choose there services in the name of '5G' which will sound like more stable and reliable internet which isn't.

5G, 4G etc. connections works on the Backend machines which are same as JIO Fiber machines. So, If they can't make there Fiber work properly even there 4G, So i can't expect 5G improvement in upcoming days. Airtel 5G still gives 500MBPS - 400MBPS Speed whereas JIO only give 150MBPS so i don't think JIO 5G is even successfully than Airtel 5G is.

Whereas Airtel & BSNL (4G) are much more stable than JIO 4G. They got strong backend services and proper machine implementation. Regarding BSNL 4G, I know it is very late and delayed but if you talk about Speed and Latency etc., BSNL 4G is equivalent to Airtel 4G+. I get around 50 - 55 MBPS Download / 30 - 35 MBPS Upload which i don't think most of 4G Providers in India provides. This speed is coming due to installation of (5G) Machines at Backend (Punjab/Himachal Pradesh) where I've used. They got 100GBPS - 1TBPS Nodes got installed in the NIB (as I've recently raised my complaint and got the issues clarified). I think they are installing it in other cities too that's why people are suffering from issues in internet but after the installation of Latest (5G) Machines at backend , It is working pretty fine and stable now.

Airtel 4G, 5G & Fiber got a strong backend servers too. They maintain there servers and usually work on the issues told by the users (which depend on backend) and get it resolved instantly.

Most Common issue in the JIO Fiber / Air Fiber is routing. JIO mainly focus to maintain the servers which link to Youtube.com , facebook.com, whatsapp.com or apps. used by phone users mostly so that they can sell there services by showing 'top-notch' service provided by there Fiber but if we try to use it on Cloudflare Servers or 3rd-party servers, They will work worst than any 3rd-rated ISP.

the problem you see is just a start. there are 20-50 major issues present in jioairfiber
I've mentioned most of the issues you've concerned with my message. I hope you got satisfied with my appropriate answers as per my knowledge.

Thank you for offering a detailed answer. I have Airtel fiber on one location and using PTP with Ubiquiti Litebeam 5AC and the speed is perfectly same matching and no loss via wireless giving 46-48MBPS on 40mbps plan. I paid for one year because i trusted the jio company but i never thought i have to go consumer court because this thing was never reliable. They are keeping booking money for a long time, holding orders after full payment and what not. If we not raise the voice, things will get worst over time. People are suffering, losing money and it is very concerning. Company can put anything in their TOS. Offering a fair TOS is what we want like jiofiber which just works.

@Aryanraj bro it's me who took the af initially by paying 8.5k+ and created the post with all the problems. Problems with refunds, routing and it's stability.
I tried 3 months with all possible ways to get the refund and ended up with bp tables. If you concern about your health get a stable fiber broadband and keep af as secondary untill the validity ends.

Trust me I'm happy without jio af.

Recently I took jio Air fiber. I am from Medchal Area , Secunderabad. With in two months time i faced lot of problems with jio air fibre. So called service engineers ( don't know if they are educated or properly trained up ) they take complaint and with out visiting location they only close the complaint. After payment done for one year now feeling regret for choosing Jio air fibre.

Back