WTF!! Airtel now counts Download + Upload in FUP Calculation?

• Thread starter Thread starter eggman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,716
I can also confirm that they have silently started to include uploads in fup.

I don't know why you guys think that they have just started to count upload. They've always done that.

heh. i wonder the same. i have no idea why people think that airtel did not count uploads.

They never used to count uploads for me.Ever since the smartbytes page came it has started for me but it was this month that i was fuped before i completed by 30 gb download limit.
even airtel site only states about download fup
airtel Broadband Internet: FAQ for FUP

how will i know when i have cross my download limits?

We will send you an email/sms when you reach 80% of your plan’s data transfer limit and again when you reach 100%. A majority of the users do not exceed the download limits as set in their plans and should not expect to receive such alerts as a norm.

Talked to CC and he says uploads arent counted.I think someone updated the server to include uploads in calculation of fups.I hope it is reverted soon.

I wouldn't put too much faith with CC, buddy. Sad but true.I was under the impression that uploads were counted too.

But, on the airtel site, everywhere they have mentioned download/download limits with the FUP discussion. And yes, CC also confirmed me; its only the Download that gets counted.

Back