Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,446
From what I have read they stopped mass production of mi3, and the surplus units (about 50k) or so they added it to people carts on 6th Dec. These units were kept as reserve units for replacement complaints. But then they figured that had kept too many. I think Hugo barra had replied this in an interview question, when asked by a journalist

Priced similar? I wonder.

2IKGFIi.png

Ha ha, you're angry cause he quit google? @mhsabir - yes that the rumor that the 16gb unit would be available at roughly the same price point.
Edit- similar price point

Well they are no 3 currently isn't it? Under barra - they made the massive jump. And have kicked the balls of samsung

What has Barra got to do with success of Xiaomi? Xiaomi sells because of cheap hardware. Not because Barra is a marketing genius. Barra is nothing but an excuse generating machine to respond to bloggers and critics online and to do english presentations for Xiaomi outside China.

Well I would say the PR is certainly working! You have reputed tech publications like ars techica covering xiaomi phones like mi4. People in the developed markets are sitting up and taking note of the company, its products etc. Etc. "The Apple of China" is the popular moniker that goes with xiaomi. I think Barra is more than stupid you know.

I think that is because Xiaomi sell millions of phones in China. Not because Barra is some kind of a marketing wizard. Do you really think Xiaomi would be a success in India if it was not selling phones at cheap prices? Do you really think that Xiaomi would not have done well if Barra was not associated with them? He is just a friendly face that some people recognize from his days at Google and Android related events.

The guy is a tool otherwise.

I think he handled the data privacy issues pretty well (debatable!) and did a lot of PR stuff for that. Also announced that they would have a data center in india. India is their major non China market and they are leaving no stone unturned to be no1 in India too. It would be just a matter of time.

Back