Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,446
lol. his response to the flash sale fiasco was that it works well for them so they would continue with it.
he announced a product on his google+ page which was a ripoff of a project on kickstarter and totally ignored the comments pointing that out.
privacy issue? i hope indian government's plans to have all devices tested by an authorized body before they are allowed for sale in india (aka fcc in usa) would find bigger issues with their hardware though i have my doubts. it appears to be just another method of squeezing money out of MNCs in the name of Make in India initiative.

as for becoming no. 1 in india... discontinuing devices that people actually want to buy and limiting stocks on sale to generate PR does not look like a smart strategy to boost sales.

the surplus units (about 50k) or so they added it to people carts on 6th Dec.

^^ is it a typo, or I am too drunk with coffee and forgot when 6th dec passed and November came back !@#!@#!@

I think that is because Xiaomi sell millions of phones in China. Not because Barra is some kind of a marketing wizard. Do you really think Xiaomi would be a success in India if it was not selling phones at cheap prices? Do you really think that Xiaomi would not have done well if Barra was not associated with them? He is just a friendly face that some people recognize from his days at Google and Android related events.

The guy is a tool otherwise.
fyi the hardware is on par with high end phones. and as for MIUI it is definitely by far the sleekest and sexiest Ui ever. unlike the plain bland ugliness of stock and less said abt touchwiz n all the better. i shifted from a xperia z1 to this. i would easily rate miui as even better than Sony's ui which i feel was far more well designed and sophisticated in comparison to others. plus weekly updates on miui are a bonus. no reason the phone shud not sell on its merits. the only reason garbage like samsung sells is coz of the name. the ui and usability is pathetic.

The beauty of android is that you can remove the bloatware and skins, which OEM piggyback on the OS. I can install nova and get a stock ui feel. I can customize the ROM and run it. But then how many people customize their rom's?

as for MIUI it is definitely by far the sleekest and sexiest Ui ever.
MIUI is sexier -- YES...
SLEEK -- HELL NO...
There are few instances when we can feel the lag when home button is pressed.. Its RAM handle is worst afaik and It can't handle game + voice call..
From what I have read they stopped mass production of mi3, and the surplus units (about 50k) or so they added it to people carts on 6th Dec. These units were kept as reserve units for replacement complaints. But then they figured that had kept too many. I think Hugo barra had replied this in an interview question, when asked by a journalist
So I am lucky to get MI3 on BigBillion Day night @ 10:30 PM (added automatically to my cart as I have failed to receive it in 3 attempts and never tried next 3 times)

Would you buy it if it costs as much as a Sony?
yeah totally. i absolutely have no complaints. i wouldnt have bought inititally given the "chinese" tag. i thought it must be some cheap ass chinese model. given the specs i figured i would buy and see. worst case i hand it over to mom or dad :P
given the customisability and the flexiblity fot MIUi i really would hate to go back to any other ROM now.

@ kanagadeepan.
i am not much of a gamer but i have had the xperia z1 hang on me whn a call came in while playing asphalt. maybe it was a one off thing i don't know. definitely no bloatware. more than anything i am glad it has no google apps. i hate them connecting ot analytics and what not all the time creating wakelocks unnecessarily. no hassle for rooting. unparalleled customisability. the ability to do all this with ease beats every other rom out there.

Back