Xiaomi Redmi 3S - Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime

I posted this in other thread yesterday

Posting again in correct thread!
------

Does Xiaomi phones have special ear phones?

I got Xiaomi Redmi 3S (and does not come with earphone)

I tried all the earphones I had - Sony, Nokia, iPhone, xolo, gionee

None of the earphones fit in it.

Wondering if Xiaomi does this on purpose.

First dont provide earphones with mobile and then make user buy from them!

(it not only copied Apple interface - but also sales technique from Apple i.e. charge for everything)

^ No, it comes with standard 3.5mm jack. Did you try pushing in the jack to see if it went all the way in? If it doesn't work, then the audio jack in your phone may have gone kaput

But it came that way.

How hard shud I push? I never tried pushing it hard.

From day 1 - none of the earphone cables were fitting in it.

But I did not bother thinking that they purposely do this - so people buy earphone from them.

Its been 1-2 months - I just hope that service center guys dont say that I pressed too hard.

So I went to Xiaomi service center yesterday

There was lady at reception feeding complaint data.

And complained that none of my earphones (Nokia / Sony / iPhone) are working with this phone.

She immediately replied - "Sir aapko Xiaomi ka hi earphone lena padega" (you will have to buy xiaomi earphones only)

Other earphons will not work!!

So I said are you sure - can you please confirm.

So she takes my phone inside to some service guy and takes out "HTC" earphones from somewhere.

And then she pushes it in the earphone socket. (I was never able to push plug inside completely)

Then she said - play something.

I played a song and I could not hear anything.

So she said I will have to surrender the phone (erase data / reset pin etc)

Now I wanted the phone so I said - "ok today I want my phone - i will come some other day"

-----

Now funny thing is today I tried iPhone earplug

VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!

AUTOMATICALLY!! hahahaha

Even my speakers plug went in!!

I think that socket spring was hard. I never tried to push plug too hard thinking that it will break motherboard.

That lady UNKNOWINGLY pushed ear plug hard and unknowingly SOFTENED the socket spring inside.

So now problem solved!! :D

I had mi3 b4 and i really likes the music and camera quality. Wonder if they are still having same standards for the latest offerings ?
Now using le eco 1s and its horrible in both camera and music.
I am tempted to exchange this phone for redmis 3s or note 3

So I went to Xiaomi service center yesterday

There was lady at reception feeding complaint data.

And complained that none of my earphones (Nokia / Sony / iPhone) are working with this phone.

She immediately replied - "Sir aapko Xiaomi ka hi earphone lena padega" (you will have to buy xiaomi earphones only)

Other earphons will not work!!

So I said are you sure - can you please confirm.

So she takes my phone inside to some service guy and takes out "HTC" earphones from somewhere.

And then she pushes it in the earphone socket. (I was never able to push plug inside completely)

Then she said - play something.

I played a song and I could not hear anything.

So she said I will have to surrender the phone (erase data / reset pin etc)

Now I wanted the phone so I said - "ok today I want my phone - i will come some other day"

-----

Now funny thing is today I tried iPhone earplug

VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!

AUTOMATICALLY!! hahahaha

Even my speakers plug went in!!

I think that socket spring was hard. I never tried to push plug too hard thinking that it will break motherboard.

That lady UNKNOWINGLY pushed ear plug hard and unknowingly SOFTENED the socket spring inside.

So now problem solved!! :D
I mean I'll still try to get my phone replaced if it was hard to push the 3.5mm plug in the jack. Who knows what problems it may develop in the future? 3.5 mm plug should go into the jack with minimal force and doesnt require pushing hard tbh

I had mi3 b4 and i really likes the music and camera quality. Wonder if they are still having same standards for the latest offerings ?
Now using le eco 1s and its horrible in both camera and music.
I am tempted to exchange this phone for redmis 3s or note 3
le eco phones are garbage . Their UI is horrible and absolute horrible software scene. Not to mention atrocious after sales service. Plus thier CEO apologized to his comoany's investors for burning money fast. I would suggest you dump le eco phones and buy a xiaomi/samsung

@dextermorgan - now its not that hard. It goes in with little pressure.

OR may be I was being too careful first place (being a new phone)

Plus I didnt want to give it for replacement because
  1. I doubt they will replace phone but instead they will open it and try to repair it. Once a human opens it - u never know if everything is back in place. It becomes an "operated" phone.
  2. Dont know how much time they will take to replace / repair. Guy in queue before me was complaing - "So many days have passed - how many more days u will take?" (Sony once took 1 month for repairing)
  3. Erasing and restoring phone takes away 1-2 hours

I dont think above is now worth just for getting earplug repaired / replaced.

Atleast now its working fine - so dont want to go through above.

Back