YouTube Premium - Now available in India

YouTube is not saving my history, while it is not a problem it does not record any activity I do on the phone and hence any videos or shorts I watch are not considered as watched and hence, I get recommended the same thing again and again, even the whole recommendation page does not change.

Happens only on my phone, works fine on desktop and everywhere else. Haven't really tried with any alternate phone, but I tried resetting the app, and uninstalling any updates.
Post, it works fine for a few hours and then back to the same.

Well, if it's your primary Google account don't do anything illegal or out of the ordinary...even comments on YT (treated as your "content") can get you in trouble and have your account suspended or deleted. DON'T f**k around and risk your account.

About Google services my brother's friend lost his account permanently after he uploaded some innocuous pics of his kid having a bath...it was flagged as child p**n and no amount of appealing worked. Years worth of photos, emails etc are history and he's been banned from creating another ID or using Google's services in any form .

There are some red lines you should never cross with Google, MS and other major services. Be careful what you do and say online. Now they have AI working for them and will take action if flagged by the system.

Back