Youtube - Stop Buffering

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,171
I wud close the tab (ctrl-w) and reopen it (ctrl-shift-t).

That was the fastest way I cud figure out without touching mouse!
Wouldn't refreshing the page do the same thing?

refreshing actually refreshes the entire page. closing the tab and restoring it would open it from local cache.

opera actually offers both. reload and refresh...

https://imgur.com/Vwlcn

i think pressing enter in the address bar does a reload and not refresh. reload is faster than refresh.

Well refreshing the page wud reload everything from server. Ctrl-shift-t will bring it back from memory.

on complicated pages that would be the case. this forum does not load up fast from cache for me for example. but in general cases refresh would be slower than a reload.

in facebook.... youtube videos one below other ... you cannot stop even by right click. pause pauses the video but fails to stop the buffering download.any idea how to stop youtube video inside facebook?

in facebook.... youtube videos one below other ... you cannot stop even by right click. pause pauses the video but fails to stop the buffering download.

any idea how to stop youtube video inside facebook?

Tried Flash Blocker? AdBlock Plus?

facebook's video player sucks. youtube's video player is probably the best in the market.

in facebook.... youtube videos one below other ... you cannot stop even by right click. pause pauses the video but fails to stop the buffering download.

any idea how to stop youtube video inside facebook?

If you are talking about YouTube videos inside Facebook - try this 'hack'. Once you decide you don't want to watch the video, just click on the YouTube logo on the bottom bar of the video. It opens up the video in YouTube in a different tab. Close that tab. The good part though is that once you have clicked on the video on Facebook, it would stop playing.

Back