• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,191

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
Chennai: DTH Operator and part of Zee Group, Dish TV, aimed to reach 10 million subscriber base by year end, a company official said.

"As of March this year we have crossed seven million customers. Now, we are hoping to add another two-three million subscribers by year end", Dish TV India Ltd Deputy Vice-President V P Krishna Kumar said.

The company currently has a 35 per cent market share. Kumar said that the DTH market was expected to double by 2012 from the present 20 million. In 2008-09 alone,the firm's subscriber base grew from five million to seven million.

The company today unveiled two new offers for existing and new subscribers as part of celebrating the seven million customer base mark.

Dish TV has tied up with employment service provider Monster.com and matrimonial website Shaadi.com for providing value added services to its customers. Dish TV currently has 700 distributors and 48,000 dealers across 6,600 towns, he added

Dish TV aiming at 10 mn subscriber base

It is going to face high competition and it must concentrate on improving its service than just adding new customers.

I think Dish TV has got their basics right - the pricing. That's a big advantage which they have clung on to till date.

Todays consumer who willing to pay for value added service and subscribe for DTH looks for the overalll service and not just the price, price may attract customers initially but bad service will have many leaving the provider in the long run.

Dish Tv lacks just one sports channel, that is Neo Cricket. If this is added to the platform, surely Dish Tv can multiply its subscriber base. I think it is doing a reasonable job with respect to regional channels, if not excellent.

Dish TV is becoming CRAP day by day.If they don't fix it up, I am sure one day they'll strive for even 1m customers, 10m customers cannot be fooled that easily and they would certainly demand more which dish tv will never be able to provide.

Back