• Thread starter Thread starter autumn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6,874

autumn

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL), one of the country's leading entertainment groups, is all set to try its luck in the already crowded Tamil satellite channel market for a second time.

The company is proceeding with its plans to launch Zee Tamil, a general entertainment channel, said Zee South CEO G. Ramprasad

Last edited by a moderator:
If iam not wrong Zee had a tamil channel called "Bharathi", it had very less viewer ship and they had to closed it. Now again trying their luck, Its difficult in TN because Sun has already captured the market, to some extent Kalaingnar TV has some say in the market because of the political patronage. Its difficult to survive in Tamil market, even RAJ TV which is pretty old still finds difficulty in the market. Zee has to do something different to survive.

Yeah, Not only Bharathi many channels became vanished. JAIN TV, it was showing tamil programs in the evening in the 90's. SUN TV has only 4 hours program in a day. So JAIN TV was one of the competitor. Also Asianet had showed some tamil programs on weekend. But i am not sure Bharathi is from ZEE or Asianet. Because Asianet had another channel "Kaveri" for Kannada. I suspect Kaveri and Bharathi are started on same time. No Kaveri and Bharathi is no more.Kaveri is reborn as Asianet Suvarna.Bharathi.. if it is not from Asianet, it is reborn as ZEE TAMIL.Also there were tamil programs NEPC TV, on the 90's. When RAJ TV started they started loose their market. SUN TV has started its 24 HRS service in 1995 i believe. But still i do not forget the way they present the programmes on earlier days and the quality of programs. Those days never come back.. and now for SUN TV it is difficult to get the talented hosts like MJ REGO, Anandha Geetha, Mala, Malan, James Vasanthan.

Back