• Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,300

Vivek Sharma

INDIAN
ISP
MTNL
Zee sews 3-year distribution deal with Ten Sports Indiantelevision.com Team
(2 April 2008 6:00 pm)
MUMBAI: Ten Sports has moved to the Zee-Turner bouquet after the expiry of its three-year contract with Sony Entertainment Television (Set) India. Zee Group has entered into a three-year contract and will be paying around Rs 3.2 billion as minimum guarantee, a source familiar with the negotiations says. This is higher than [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Sony's[/COLOR][/COLOR] payout of Rs 2.40 billion for a similar period.
Incidentally, Zee has 50 per cent stake in Ten Sports, acquiring it in 2006 for $57.15 million.
"Ten Sports has left the One Alliance and become part of the Zee-Turner bouquet from 1 April. The channel's existing contracts are moving into Zee-Turner. Later Ten Sports will form a bouquet along with Zee Sports and a few other channels," the source adds.

Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Zee sews 3-year distribution deal with Ten Sports

It was expected.Only hope is that now TEN SPORT's carriage on Tata Sky is not effected and ZEE don't take undue advantage of it as TEN SPORTS holds more than 50% of Cricket telecast rights

I actually think that it will be the other way round. With ten sports going under zee turner , TS will now be forced to carry zee sports on their platform.

Lets wait and watch whats going to happen as nothing is clear at this point of time.

Ya Ten Sports has WI, SL, PAK, SA - Cricket Rights. I hope Ten Sports is not removed from Tata(Sky.

I think it wont be removed as we dont know the contract between Tensports and TS. I belive TS wont remove is they are masters in signing the contract for their benefit and also they think for long term goals. Except the removal of that 13 zee channels i dont think TS has removed any channel. Atleast i believe that Tensports will remain with TS for another 6 months. Personally if Tensports is removed from TS , I can see Tensports in my CAS STB.:P but i wish it stays with TS for ever :thumbsup: as i like TS the most in TV viewing

I think it wont be removed as we dont know the contract between Tensports and TS. I belive TS wont remove is they are masters in signing the contract for their benefit and also they think for long term goals. Except the removal of that 13 zee channels i dont think TS has removed any channel. Atleast i believe that Tensports will remain with TS for another 6 months.

Personally if Tensports is removed from TS , I can see Tensports in my CAS STB.:P but i wish it stays with TS for ever :thumbsup: as i like TS the most in TV viewing

90% of the channels shown on TS are either FTA or run by Star Corp if we don't add Sun and Zee group of channels. I don't want to edit this post even after too many irresponsible replies I had.

Do you mean to say that out of 150 channels, 135 channels are either star corp channels channels or FTA channels?

Do you mean to say that out of 150 channels, 135 channels are either star corp channels channels or FTA channels?

lol... just leave him... he just wants to blame TS for anything now... look at his posts.. :rofl::hysterical:

I just wanted to educate him as he is not aware of certain preliminary things:hysterical::@

Back