Zeonet: slow speed on browser downloads (single connection downloads)

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 7,055
ISP
Netplus
Hi, I see when i download any files directly in browser(chrome,firefox). My download speed come 10KB/s-30KB/s with my wimax connection which have max bandwidth of 4mbps and when i download through bsnl 3G my download speed in browser is up to 120KB/sec and max out 2mbps apporx in IDM.

Okay here is what i think is going on.

My ISP give 10KB/s-30KB/s speed per connection. Since browser use 1 connection to download files that is why my speed is slow while downloading in browser and when i download with IDM i can max out my bandwidth speed of 4mbps since i use up to 16 connection concurrently. (IDM>Options>Connection>16 or 32)
If i choose only 1 connection in IDM then my download speed is same as browser.

AFAIK Firefox/Chrome can use max of 10 connection while opening a web page and most of web server can transfer data to browser with up to 10 connection but because of DDOS affect browsers are limited to only max out 10 connection with a web server. which is not bad but if your ISP give slow speed on connection then it can slow down your browsing experience since different kind of files(jpg, css, html, js etc) use different connection to load in your browser. So when 1 connection complete download css then its move to next file to download it for example js.

So how to ask my ISP to increase speed of browsing.
Does it theory make sense to you?
I am afraid my ISP would have no clue what i am talking.

Do you have any idea why browser downloading is slow with my wimax connection and more with my 3G connection?

Try downloading something like Ubuntu ISO through browser to see what speeds you get on it.

Same speed in browser 10KB/s-45KB/s but if i download the same file with 3G this is will be 150KB/s somewhere and if i download with idm via wimax connection i can max out my speed of 4mbps by using 32 connection concurrent.

Downoading Via Browser
f806b724ba.png

Single Connection In IDM

b4f7587b12.png

16 Connection In IDM

ec14fdd9e7.png

I think my ISP should give me atleast 150KB/s on single connection so my browsing can become better.

I should have get full 4mbps speed with only 8 cocurrent connection.
Look IDM with 8 connection give me only 250KB+ speed.
ec4224149a.png

How to explain it to my ISP?

You have not even mentioned the name of your ISP.

And i also think it could be reason of my YouTube buffering. Most of time i am unable to play 1080p videos since while playing YouTube videos my net meter show i am receiving 200KB/s down and only few hours a day i can play 1080p and that time my net meter show i am receiving up to 510KB/s

I would imagine that YouTube player would be able to download data through multiple streams. Even on regular browsing, modern browsers are capable of opening up multiple data streams to fetch content as quickly as possible. I am not even sure if ISPs can control speeds in individual connections. @mgcarley might have an idea. Let's see if he gets the ping from the mention.

Even if YouTube stream is using 10 cocurrent connection to download data. I would be unable to play 1080p video. because It would only download 250KB/s apporx of data with my connection configuration. I said only few times i am able to play 1080p. I will test if at these moment my per connection speed also increase

Back