• Thread starter Thread starter sri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 13,676

sri

Regular
ISP
local ISP
As title says need to open a zero balance account...any suggestions?i'm a student looking for a zero balance savings account,basically would be using this account to deposit my money which have been saved the whole month...:D heard about axis bank?hows their service?

ICICI has something called a B2B. Positives: zero balance, one time registration required in case you want to receive money from other accounts [receive money as in login to your ICICI account, and select an option to say, receive 5000 bucks from another account in a different bank] and the money gets FD interest rates. Negatives: Purely online account, you are not allowed to visit the bank or the ATM, and you do not get a cheque book - but obviously. My take - great if you have an alternate account to which you can transfer money / withdraw indirectly.Best option for zero balance though - SBI, not zero balance, they say 1000 bucks is minimum QAB, and they give you all the usual stuff.

ICICI has something called a B2B. Positives: zero balance, one time registration required in case you want to receive money from other accounts [receive money as in login to your ICICI account, and select an option to say, receive 5000 bucks from another account in a different bank] and the money gets FD interest rates. Negatives: Purely online account, you are not allowed to visit the bank or the ATM, and you do not get a cheque book - but obviously.

My take - great if you have an alternate account to which you can transfer money / withdraw indirectly.

Best option for zero balance though - SBI, not zero balance, they say 1000 bucks is minimum QAB, and they give you all the usual stuff.

know about ICICI branch free banking...its purely online so no use..are you sure SBI requires only 1000 QAB maintenance?i thought it was 10000..maybe will have to enquire them...

icici b2b has too many limitations. its ok for kids accounts i guess. not for regular usage accounts.

INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK which needs 1000rs as minimum balance amount or any other government banks as private banks always be an head-ache in case of savings account:(

Barclays India does not have many (i doubt if they have ANY) bank branches in the indian market.

Their credit card customers struggle to find drop box for their card payments.

This particular bank has developed a terrible reputation in india.

but they are huge in UK. they are the primary sponsors of the english premier league.

----------

Contact Us - Barclays India oh they do have around 10 branches in india. ONE in delhi.

----------

3 in mumbai. but only one seems to be a proper bank. one is head office the other one is the investment banking division.

why not u go for citibank no frills account.This is a zero balance account and with this u get atm debit card and netbanking and even with this account u can trade.but it is a purely no frills account.they verify your home address by making a visit and also take a time of 4 weeks to open this account.

Back