• Thread starter Thread starter akgiri2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 13,600

akgiri2005

ISP
BSNL
I am a subscriber of BSNL broadband.

As per the ad by BSNL on BSNL,Karnataka.., I have tried to upgrade the CPE Firmware, the application was downloaded, the modem ZTE ZXDSL 831 A II was detected and the firmware was updated successfully. The page was then not directed automatically to download the motive software dowload page, hence the motive software has not been dowloaded in my PC.

The modem have since the above operation become inoperable. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, an error 678 occurs.

Later I downloaded the motive software thru which BSNL configures the modem and the PC and run the setup, but each time the activation fails in the last just before completion.

Can anyone advise what can be done to resolve the problem and regain the internet connectivity.

I am a subscriber of BSNL broadband.

As per the ad by BSNL on BSNL,Karnataka.., I have tried to upgrade the CPE Firmware, the application was downloaded, the modem ZTE ZXDSL 831 A II was detected and the firmware was updated successfully. The page was then not directed automatically to download the motive software dowload page, hence the motive software has not been dowloaded in my PC.

The modem have since the above operation become inoperable. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, an error 678 occurs.

Later I downloaded the motive software thru which BSNL configures the modem and the PC and run the setup, but each time the activation fails in the last just before completion.

Can anyone advise what can be done to resolve the problem and regain the internet connectivity.

Could have asked here about FW upgrade before doint it.
No useful improvement expected.
use Reset Button on rear of modem and again try Dialer.
Error 678 is ID password problem as you seem to be using a Dialer.
Check this web site for correct settings.
CONFIGURATION
Feedback.

PROBLEM RESOLVED.. I Faced The same problem after upgrading the firmware from motive.bsnl.co.in ,, AFTER The upgrade my inter didnot connect & gave me the error 678.. What u need to do is type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser & press enterit will ask for username & password1.Type ADMIN as username & password2. On the left hand side click on Configuration & then Internet3. Click on the Edit option of PPPoE_0_35 & next window which pops up change the value of VBI to 0 & VCI to 35 & service category to UBR with PCR & click on next4. In the Next window choose Protocol as Bridging & Encapsulation Mode to LLC/SNAP & click on next5. Skip Configure WAN IP Settings & click Next6. Click on Apply & it will take 90 seconds to change the settings & you are doneDont forget to pass on the comments if it helpsThanks Umar

Back