1.5 months of tata photon plus - Now I know why airtel is best of the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehrotra.akash

Regular
ISP
I-ON(Dvois)/Airtel+IPTV/Photon+
The following is written in the same format as i had sent to photon, so whereever i say "YOU" or something similar, it refers to photon plus Customer care.

The following post is fairly long, but request you to read it in full before replying.
I had bought a tata photon plus connection in August. at the time of purchase, i was getting speeds in excess of 600kbps, which were satisfactory.Also, I was able to see day and night usage seperately(as peak and offpeak usage) in "My account)
Towards the end of August speeds decreased to 300kbps. I lodged a complaint with Photon plus Customer care with docket number 233747093 .
This has not been resolved till now, and speeds have reduced to the range of 50-100 kbps.
In addition, the facility for viewing peak and offpeak usage has been withdrawn and, all the customercare says is that it is due to some precess for improvement of customer experience (docket number 236189009). listen to the recorded conversation (all conversations are recorded in the call center I believe), and you will hear the person on the other side mention multiple times that it has been done for customer satisfaction.. wonder how taking away details is customer satisfaction

In view of the above problems, I tried to get my plan changed from the Day and Night 950 plan to the 5GB unlimited plan, both of which have monthly rentals of Rs 950, but was told that I would have to give up my Rs 200 per month discount for doing so. It should be noted that such a thing is not mentioned anywhere on the tata photon plus website. All it says is that the discount is valid only for 12 months from date of activation, not that change of bill plan is not allowed..
So, summarising, Photon Plus will reduce your speeds to dial up speeds, then withdraw an important facility AND then will tell you that you have to lose your Rs 200 per month bill discount to shift over to another plan(The shifting would not have been necessary if I got decent speeds and could view my peak and offpeak usage seperately).

If I had not paid Rs 2500 non refundable towards the connection I would have left photon plus long back. Its solely because I was charged such a hefty initial amount that I am forced to stay with photon plus services.

I can back-up all that I have posted here with screenshots of the various speeds I have received, and the old and new methods of displaying the unbilled data

Dear Mr. Mehrotra,

Greetings from a fellow Tata Indicom Customer!

Thank you for using at Tata Tele Services Ltd.

At the outset, I deeply regret and pity the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.
As a service provider, I was told, Tata Tele Services firmly believes that the key to customer satisfaction is adding value to a relationship that is continual and long-lasting.

Based on the postings on this forum, I believe .... [read on]

Tata will sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
I am sure Tata will put your complaint before the concerned department. They will accord it top priority and will expressly work towards resolving it at the earliest. Until they revert to you shortly, they will request you to kindly bear the horrible service in the interim.

Further, Tata will inform you that your suggestions are being shared with concerned department.

Tata values the relationship built with you and trust that one odd, unfortunate incident will not come in the way of this association. They will reiterate that they share your anguish and have taken adequate action to ensure the non-occurrence of the same in future.

Tata appreciates your valuable subscription with Tata Indicom and it has always been their constant endeavor to serve you better.

Should you require any further assistance please mail them at [email protected].

[Pun, if found any, are deliberate and directed towards the institution that treats its customers like used condoms)

The following is written in the same format as i had sent to photon, so whereever i say "YOU" or something similar, it refers to photon plus Customer care.

The following post is fairly long, but request you to read it in full before replying.
I had bought a tata photon plus connection in August. at the time of purchase, i was getting speeds in excess of 600kbps, which were satisfactory.Also, I was able to see day and night usage seperately(as peak and offpeak usage) in "My account)
Towards the end of August speeds decreased to 300kbps. I lodged a complaint with Photon plus Customer care with docket number 233747093 .
This has not been resolved till now, and speeds have reduced to the range of 50-100 kbps.
In addition, the facility for viewing peak and offpeak usage has been withdrawn and, all the customercare says is that it is due to some precess for improvement of customer experience (docket number 236189009). listen to the recorded conversation (all conversations are recorded in the call center I believe), and you will hear the person on the other side mention multiple times that it has been done for customer satisfaction.. wonder how taking away details is customer satisfaction

In view of the above problems, I tried to get my plan changed from the Day and Night 950 plan to the 5GB unlimited plan, both of which have monthly rentals of Rs 950, but was told that I would have to give up my Rs 200 per month discount for doing so. It should be noted that such a thing is not mentioned anywhere on the tata photon plus website. All it says is that the discount is valid only for 12 months from date of activation, not that change of bill plan is not allowed..
So, summarising, Photon Plus will reduce your speeds to dial up speeds, then withdraw an important facility AND then will tell you that you have to lose your Rs 200 per month bill discount to shift over to another plan(The shifting would not have been necessary if I got decent speeds and could view my peak and offpeak usage seperately).

If I had not paid Rs 2500 non refundable towards the connection I would have left photon plus long back. Its solely because I was charged such a hefty initial amount that I am forced to stay with photon plus services.

I can back-up all that I have posted here with screenshots of the various speeds I have received, and the old and new methods of displaying the unbilled data

Dear Mr.Akash Mehrothra

Greetings from Tata Indicom! We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to assure you that your complaint registered vide docket number 233747093, is being taken care of by our network team and will be resolved shortly.

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at [email protected].

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

Dear Mr.Akash Mehrothra

We would like to assure you that your complaint registered vide docket number 233747093, is being taken care of by our network team and will be resolved shortly.

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

And, what about displaying the peak and off peak usage seperately

Dear Mr. Mehrotra,

At the outset, I deeply regret and pity the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.
As a service provider, I was told, Tata Tele Services firmly believes that the key to customer satisfaction is adding value to a relationship that is continual and long-lasting.

I am sure Tata will put your complaint before the concerned department. They will accord it top priority and will expressly work towards resolving it at the earliest. Until they revert to you shortly, they will request you to kindly bear the horrible service in the interim.

Further, Tata will inform you that your suggestions are being shared with concerned department.

Tata values the relationship built with you and trust that one odd, unfortunate incident will not come in the way of this association. They will reiterate that they share your anguish and have taken adequate action to ensure the non-occurrence of the same in future.

Tata appreciates your valuable subscription with Tata Indicom and it has always been their constant endeavor to serve you better.

Should you require any further assistance please mail them at [email protected].

[Pun, if found any, are deliberate and directed towards the institution that treats its customers like used condoms)

Dear Mr.Padmanabha Holla

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We value your membership highly and sincerely regret for the unfortunate turn of events and apologize for the delay in resolving your concern.

We have confirmed from our Nodal team that your issue has been resolved, as the 3 GB usage has been credited back to your account today (17-Sep-2010).

Further, understand your grievance and assure you that, we will win back your faith in Tata Indicom with our exemplary service.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

Dear Mr. Mehrotra,

Dear Mr.Akash Mehrothra

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

Dear Mr.Padmanabha Holla

We value your membership highly and sincerely regret for the unfortunate turn of events and apologize for the delay in resolving your concern.

We have confirmed from our Nodal team that your issue has been resolved, as the 3 GB usage has been credited back to your account today (17-Sep-2010).

Further, understand your grievance and assure you that, we will win back your faith in Tata Indicom with our exemplary service.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dear Mr.Akash Mehrothra

We have confirmed from concerned team that the issue has been resolved and the same has also been updated to you.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

when the service guy came fr demo at my house the speeds were just under 40KBps browsing it self was too slow felt like using a dialup connection.nd once u register ur no with tata photon plus cc they wont stop calling you I have been getting calls for almost a month now no matter what even when u tell them ur nt interested in buying it becz speeds really suck on it.btw the guy who started this thread had posted on September 16th, 2010 and according to 4t oct, 2010 post by tata's rep they have now solved his problem so it took them almost a month nd guy must have already been threw a lot with the cc before I am sure abt that.....ya right tata's service is exemplary slow should be the new tagline of CC ppl of tata now....!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back