tp-link Archer C50 Slow download and High Upload Speed on 1277 BSNL FTTH Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Enix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 8,412
the slight difference in download and upload via ethernet test could be result of QOS by bsnl and for wifi it should be your router which is not working properly, perform speedtest during non-peak hours like early morning. Trying enabling QOS in your router, (set max speed more than your actual internet speed.)

==========

@Sushubh images in post(#1, #3) are not clickable I have to right click and open in new tab to view them properly.

Btw Is ping of 65 to 80 norrmal on BSNL Ftth ?

I decided to test my internet speed manually.. Just started some downloads of games via playstore.

Doing the sum.. it always took me around 8 (= 64 Mbps) to 9.5 MBps ( = 76 Mbps) even if the ookla speedtest never reached those speeds via wifi. But yes, those speeds are similar to that via ethernet.. so it can be possible that speedtest is showing false results ? I tried other speedtests too and there were much variances though none of them crossed the dl speed of 45

images in post(#1, #3) are not clickable I have to right click and open in new tab to view them properly.
looks like the lazy load addon was the reason. should be fixed now. i was wondering what it was going to break.

Reactions: Smh
Got the router replaced two times.. same results.. and the speedtest shows my download speed as 75 to 82 Mbps but when I download something from Microsoft Store, the speed shown there is 100.4 Mbps

It looks similar to a weird solution for my performance issue that happened yesterday. I noticed slow pings to Cloudflare and Google India servers. Later I noticed that I was using the default BSNL DNS when I reset the modem. Changing the DNS to alternative DNS immediately fixed the ping and other performance issues. I know this doesn't make any sense. But, it worked for me.

Changing the DNS to OpenDNS in router settings and connecting my pc to router via Ethernet fixes the difference in upload and download speed.. now the Download speed is higher than upload speed always. Also, the download speed over wifi increased from 20 to around 35 Mbps (Max 42) , but couldnt push any further, still the upload speed over wireless is above 80, and many times above 90.

Last edited:
And also the similar case over wireless.. the Ookla speedtest shows 30 Mbps download, for example, but when downloading something from playstore, it downloads at a speed of around 60 to 70 Mbps.

Sorry to post reply again, the option to edit my previous post disappeared suddenly.

In below image you can see that 2.62 GB was downloaded in 4mins16sec = 256 sec. 2.62 GB = 2620 MB = 20,960 Mb. Doing the sum, the speed comes out to be 81.9 Mbps which is exactly the opposite of the speed test in Ookla :-

UcDQf9R.jpg

And this one over ethernet :-

dBKwqOP.jpg

tSVEiXw.png

Back