2 cables from the Dish..Why not Splitter

• Thread starter Thread starter sajusankar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 14,637
Its an HD DVR & an HD channel contains capacity of 5 sd channels. If an user want to record two HD channels at same time may be 1 cable not enough to carry 10 times sd channel. That may be reason. And you mention about splitter, ordinary splitter is not work properly. It only support 1 input at a time. Which work with TS maybe it is multi switch equipment & in DVR maybe is not enough like cable which I mentioned above.Signal loss is main reason.

Dear Team,I have recently purchased a Airtel HD DVR Set top box with Recorded facility in Airtel. I currently live in Dubai.However in my Apartment, They only allow one cable to pass through the walls, So i only have one output from the LNB instead of 2 output cables.When i connect the cable to input 1 i get few channels and some other channels are not showing. I remove from Input 1 and connect it to output 2 i get the other channels.What is the way that i can have just one cable to view all the channels. Recording is not a priority for me. All I need is to watch all channels without disturbing the cable everytime.Please suggest a settings which will allow me watch it all channels. I believe the normal settop box without Recorder has only one output where we can see all the channels. Your technical help is highly appreciated.BRSHA

I never heard this type of problem & I dont use airtel product. I think it may be problem of alignment of dish & the tp doesnt get proper signal strength. complain to cc through mail For dual input u can use multiswitch

Back