• Thread starter Thread starter bugatti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,193

bugatti

Regular
ISP
bsnl
I got the bsnl 384k connection 17 days back. Since then the connection's been relatively stable. I have d/led, up/led about 26GB of data(average-1.5GB/day) in 17days.. I get speeds of 45-80KB/s(360kb/s-640kb/s). For the first week, I was getting about 400kb/s max. Then after that I started d/ling data from a few sites that can push as much data as I can d/l. And I usually d/l 4 large files at a time. Every 7-8 sec, the speed goes below 380k, and then returns above 400k.I have slowed down the amount of d/ling I have done in the past week because I am quickly running out of hard disk space. Waiting for the VAT to come into effect in karnataka and I will be getting a 120 or 160gb ext hdd.I am able to d/l about 120-150MB/hr = ~ 2880-3600MB/day and upload- 750MB/day. If you are looking to d/l more than 2GB of data/day, use a download manager. For me, opera's transfer window does the job. :)

so its good....on sify not more than 400mb perday possible

Airtel 512? Is this a business plan? If so, doesn't it have a download limit?

Actually, my post was for bsnl broadband users.. some people here have been scared to d/l more than the 2GB limit because their mindset is still stuck on the premise that the government does not and cannot provide such a thing as unlimited broadband(atleast till june 30).As for airtel 512k, that is a business plan. You paid a lot more security deposit(5000 rs) and are paying a 10,000+ Rs a month if you want to d/l the amount of data I am able to d/l at 1000 rs a month.The airtel executive who came to close my connection told me that an equivalent plan in airtel would cost me 11,000 rs+tax.Umm, no thanks.

about 2 weeks back, I spoke to a divisional engineer of bsnl. It was a long talk and I have most of it written down(on paper). I'll probably post it later in the forum but from what he told me, I wouldn't be too worried about what will happen after june 30. So if I, as a bsnl customer am not too worried, you shouldn't be too. ;)

Come on buggati..please let us know the inside scoops!!!It is asinine to remain with 1 GB limit

Back