749 NU vs 256U/L

• Thread starter Thread starter sulionline
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,559

sulionline

ISP
MTNL
I was checking out the post on new tariffs in New Delhi What is your preference and why? what are the pros and cons?? 749NU Rs. 749 Avg download speeds of 100-200 but only between 12am-8am 256 UL Rs. 599 Avg d/l speeds of 15-20 but 24/7. No need for timing downloads. Does anyone remember what the monthly data limit for the 749NU is during the normal hours?

1.25gb

i have the NU plan currently and was subscribing to 256 UL the previous month....and I am really glad i switched to this plan......in 749 Nu download speed on torrents from private tracker and HTTP download can be done easily around 208KB\sec, however on public tracker like the pirate bay or semi private tracker like link-removed download speed used to vary about 50~180KB\sec....this month im gonna go over 80 GB of download :dance:but in 256UL plan you get a max speed of 24KB\sec be it private tracker or public tracker or ny torrent......and the max i could download via this plan was about 35 GB:ashamed:the monthly free data limit is 1.25 GB in 749 NU that means about 40 MB daily day data transfer possible which is absolutely really low:wall:so all in all even after the tariff reduction i still belive 749 is the best plan MTNL delhi has got , butr sadly it stands closed w.e.f 15-08-08[ what a lousy Independence day]:cry:

even i migrated from 749NU to 899 Combo( now 599 combo) before 4 months..well, its a real pain to have NU since u need to wake up till late night to download, u cant trust auto reboot script since if something goes wrong then u r gonna pay a real fat bill...The worst part for 749 NU is 1.25 GB which is way too less.If it was around 5 GB the i would have sticked too 749NU.Now, am really happy with my U/L plan..download speed in torrents is around 26KB/ps for me compared to 220KB/ps when i had 749NU...but still i download nearly 1 GB in a night and the day the connection is utilized for browsing and voice chats which consumes a lot of data.during my NU days i used to download around 30GB in a month and now its about 25 GB..But i really miss the smooth videos in youtube when i was in 749NU..2mbps speed really rocks.

ul always better than nu ... sleep is imp dude lol ... no ... im serious... nu will make u grow very old very quickly.. avoid the tension.... like the mtnl site says...

you are right dude and with the nu plan its possible to overuse during the day or even face the risk of some data manipulation by the companies, however, i cannot seem to digest this 256 kbps speed i think maybe i will opt for the 512 kbps u/l for 1299 instead, its only 550 more

@aboveThat's a good move..U know what MTNL does, they sync you to 256kbps in U/L 256 and as a result practically one gets the speed of about 225kbps only( Data loss etc) while other ISP's like Airtel sync u at much better rates and control your speeds using softwares.MTNL still depends on the old funda, setting the speeds in dSLAM itself.For browsing i feel 256Kbps is more than enough.But if you r into videos then 512 kbps or more is a must.One thing that strikes me most in 512 U/L Combo is 500 calls free.Thats a very good deal..virtually you are paying just 1299-500=799 Rs only if u assume that a call costs @1 rupee..Best of luck,

yep auto reboot is not trust worthy and you have to wake up and set ur downloads and all......but bridge mode is solution to that:yahoo:..........yes 1.25 GB sucks...........but guys the speed..2mbps. i mean comeon........i have managed to download a max of 5.3 GB a night.......but an average of 3.5~4GB daily and by that i will cross 100GB this month.........[ boy im gonna make MTNL pay:whistle:]so for me 749 NU is the dealand hey 12 AM is not late night!!!

well, during my NU days i use to woke up till 3 am at nite to download stuffs, i never tried Bridge mode..but it was worth considering the speed they were offering..

Well,I'm using timer as I know auto reboot is not that reliable .Though I will be sticking to NU as I can't leave PC whole day switched on, when I'm in college .

Back