749NU > 256 UL, same speed

ISP
2mbps UL "Magic Connection"
Hi, after recieving bill of Rs2200/- continously for 2 months with 749NU, 'coz some how i forgot to turn ON the switch off timer, and not taking chances anymore, i have switched to 256 UL @ Rs.799.but 3 days have passed, and I'm still getting the same 2 mbps speed, will it change in the coming days ?

yes the speed shud change within 5-7 days of taking up the new plan!

just make sure plan has changed by logging in to ur a/c on to their website. if its changed then enjoy the happy days!!

So are you still enjoying 2 mbps speed ?

I got my connection on 1st Dec 2007 in 749NU plan and loved the speed. Got it changed to TriB Unlimited on 1st Jan 2008 but still enjoyed 2 mbps speed throughout the month. Got it again changed to the new 899 TriB Combo Unlimited plan on 1st Feb but luck didn't favour me again and today on 7th Feb at 2pm my D-Link has started showing 256/256kbps.

Poor me....

Hi,
yes, i'm still enjoyinh 2mbps UL speed @ 799/month, and one-india landline plan, but I was thinking to shift to combo 899, but i think seeing your condition, i won't do that !

hey, suppose if a ask them to change only landline plan to plan 350 or something, are there any chances that they will see their mistake, and change the peed to 256kbps !!!

i dont think so.....plan change will be done at the place where you give in your request and they do it then and there itself....and i dont think they'll pay much attention to your internet stats as such...when i had gone to change my plan intially i asked an aunty as to where is the same done, who rudely (as if i was disturbing her sleep) redirected me to another aunty......who took 15 mins for the whole procedure....out of which 5 mins were lost in making a list of all her co-employees who will be having either tea or coffee.... and another 5 mins in feeding her son a batata-wada.....:eek::eek::eek:.... it couldnt have been better....

@kingpinThats the good thing about MTNL..most of the aunties r either dreaming or sleeping all the time and Babus r busy having Coffee and tea...i was just wondering do they pay for this Coffee and tea, i mean whenever i:@:@ go to MTNL office most of em r always busy wid tea...maybe MTNL sponsors tea for em...And when we give this aplication to change the plan to night unlimited one then aunties will do some favor to us reminding us " U have to switch off the modem at 12..! dont blame us later on for huge bills..!!"..

Hi,
hey, suppose if a ask them to change only landline plan to plan 350 or something, are there any chances that they will see their mistake, and change the peed to 256kbps !!!

should not affect ur speed..there is separate deptt at MTNL Delhi that sets speed policies and monitors subscriber speeds..they keep scanning the user database for any unltd plan subscriber enjoying manna..so enjoy it while it lasts coz they will downgrade u sooner or later

turn ON the switch off timer,

from where do get that switch off timer and which company ?I want one

Back